Business relocation may seem like a complicated task, but if it is done right and with proper assistance, it can be stress-free. Every moving process needs to be handled in a particular way. There is no one simple manual applicable to every sort of move. Each move itself is a unique process and experience. In order to move sensitive equipment successfully, you should consider hiring a professional moving company. One mover cannot really handle all moving requests and requirements, so you should choose an NYC moving company specializing in a certain field that suits your needs.
One of the hardest things to do while relocating is certainly to move sensitive equipment. Electronic equipment needs to be managed carefully and make sure to entrust them to the professional movers. Let their expertise and competence lead you throughout the moving process. They will pack, load, unload and install all your electronic equipment so that you can get back to fulfilling your business duties and responsibilities as soon as possible.
Plan your commercial move in detail
Whether you are moving your company nearby or to a different country, you need to move sensitive equipment with special care. It is up to you to be informed about the preparation process and find suitable commercial movers NYC who will assist you during your big move.
The following checklist can be helpful when organizing similar moves.
- Inform your employees about the move. If there are some deadlines or special conditions, let them know about everything that somehow affects them. Also, notify all third-party services, your vendor, partners and clients.
- Plan your move ahead and let your employees participate in the preparation process. Distribute the list of duties to each employee so that everyone can contribute to the success of the move. Don’t wait until the moving day to do what had to be done much earlier. Moving IT equipment is a time-consuming and exhausting process, so make sure you are ready to manage it.
Prepare to move IT equipment electronics
One of the first things you want to do is to find qualified IT equipment movers. Those movers should make sure your items reach a new location in one piece. Research several moving companies and get quotes from them. In order to get a more accurate moving estimate, let your possible movers take a look at the equipment personally. It is not recommended to go for the lowest quote. You are moving delicate equipment so you will need to reduce downtime and protect the whole system.
A reputable moving company will disconnect the items, pack them properly, load, and move sensitive equipment, unload and even reassemble it back. If you don’t know where to begin when researching professional IT equipment movers, those with positive reviews could be a good start. Check their background online by reading about other people’s moving experiences.
How to move sensitive equipment and electronics?
After you find a good moving company for your commercial move, you can start to move sensitive equipment from your office.
- Copy all important files and information in case some devices get damaged during the transport.
- If you are purchasing some new equipment, make sure it reaches the new location on time, so that you can enable the server room.
- If your new place requires repair works or deep cleaning, make sure it is done before the equipment is delivered.
- Save manuals or take photos of all installations and cabling before you uninstall the items. You will need them when you start installing the equipment at your new office. Also, make sure to label each item so that your local movers Brooklyn NYC movers know where to put and install them. If you provide the right directions, the equipment can be easily identified and managed and won’t be misplaced.
- Always have a backup plan. If some of the items don’t work right, get proper technical assistance to fix it or have spare items on hand before you replace them with new ones.
- Purchase proper insurance and ensure coverage in case some damage happens during the transport.
- When performing an interstate move, your moving specialist should be able to offer a storage service. In case of some unpredictable events or delays, you should move sensitive equipment and store it safely in a monitored facility.
Where to find the best packing supplies?
In order to move sensitive equipment safely, you will need to get all the right packing supplies. However, standard-sized moving boxes might not work for you, since the equipment you need to move can be too bulky. If you are having struggles with finding the right supplies, the best thing you can do try and find original packaging. For example, boxes and casings from computers, printers, and other sensitive inventory will be a perfect solution. Original packaging has the best shape and size for each piece of your equipment.
However, if the original packaging is not a solution for you, you can always contact an affordable moving company. Ask if they provide packing supplies and how much it will cost. Most moving companies include these supplies in their full-moving service.
How to avoid potential moving complications?
When moving long-distance or when moving sensitive inventory, there is always a risk for moving complications. For example, if you hire inexperienced movers, they could handle your inventory the wrong way and damage it. Also, there could be a risk of delays and loss of your inventory. in order to move sensitive equipment successfully, you should make sure to know who you are hiring as assistance.
There are three most important things to remember when organizing a complicated move:
- Making a moving plan
- Calculating moving costs on time
- Hiring experienced and reliable movers
If you make sure to plan your relocation the right way, you won’t let last-minute complications stress you out. If you need to move sensitive equipment, planning packing and transportation and packing process is crucial.
Save money while moving
Whether you are moving computer equipment, expensive antiques or valuable furniture pieces, you can always save some money on your move. One of the best ways to do that is to minimize the inventory or to say it better – to downsize. If you can sell or give away some of the pieces, it will save you money on moving services. The fewer items you need to move, the easier your relocation will be. Also, you might want to consider using some of the packing supplies you already have at home. If you can handle the packing process without moving assistance, you will save money for sure. In case you are moving your company, make sure to engage your employees in the moving process.
Another way of saving money when you need to move sensitive equipment is to ask for a moving quote from more than one company. By comparing moving quotes and hiring movers on time, you might get significant discounts. Overall, moving sensitive inventory doesn’t have to be a hassle if you plan your move on time and pay attention to details. A good moving company can help you with planning, loading and unloading of the inventory, as well as packing every moving box.