When moving house across the country to another state you will want to make sure your earthly possessions are handled professionally by reputable interstate movers. Take into account only properly trained movers capable of managing the entire moving process in an efficient and cost-effective way. There are so many details to be mindful of when moving between states and one of the most important steps is to hire interstate movers that you can rely on throughout the process.
When researching interstate moving companies you should focus on the following aspects:
- movers’ experience
- range of moving services
Choosing proper interstate movers in New York
In order to get a sense of how much interstate movers usually charge, request at least several moving estimates from different moving companies. Only then you will be able to compare prices, moving services offered as well as their availability and professionalism. Price is an important factor to consider and you should know that in some cases a high price doesn’t mean high quality. On the other hand, unusually low moving quotes should be avoided and consider as a potential alert that you are dealing with a fraudulent moving company. If you decide to go for an inexpensive moving quote, you are running a risk of paying a lot more eventually.
When comparing moving quotes make sure you are aware of the services included in the final price so as to avoid unpleasant extra charges. The ideal would be to consider only all-inclusive offers always keeping in mind the final cost, efficiency and professionalism of the chosen moving company. Only reliable interstate movers may guarantee a secure transport of your belongings overseas. Having narrowed down your list of NYC movers, it is easier for you to figure out which moving company meets your standards and criteria. But, in order to do that, you need to know what is exactly what you expect from a moving company. Some people may think that overpaying for certain moving services may guarantee a successful outcome, which is not necessarily the case. The truth is that moving reviews and recommendations are better indicator of the company’s quality that the pricing itself. A final price should be calculated according to the personalized moving solution and the number of services included. So, getting an accurate moving estimate is a must whether you are moving locally or to another state.
How to prepare for an interstate move
– Creating a moving budget is a good starting point for any kind of household move. Will your budget allow you to hire professionals or will you handle the entire move on your own? Are there any friends or family members willing to assist you with the preparations? Can you budget for additional moving services like custom crating, dealing with cumbersome and oddly-shaped items, car shipping, storage services, an appropriate moving insurance, cleaning services,…
– Try to declutter in order to make the entire long-distance moving experience less stressful and less expensive. Make an inventory list of all belongings that need to be transported to your new residence and get rid of those that will clutter up your new place. Whether you are moving locally or across state lines downsizing always makes sense, not to mention that it will help you whittle down moving expenses. Presented the opportunity for a new beginning, holding onto the unnecessary objects may not be a good idea. Your lifetime’s worth of belongings can be cut down by organizing a garage sale which is as profitable as it is convenient. One of the best ways to give a new life to the unwanted possessions is to give them away to charities.
– Find licensed interstate movers so as to ensure your possessions are in good hands. Once you get in touch with them, ask them the right questions. Take your time to perform a thorough research and stay away from suspicious movers that may eventually jeopardize the entire moving process. Since interstate movers are regulated by Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there should be clearly stated on their website all relevant information proving that they run an accredited business. Lack of those information may be a clear sign that something’s wrong and that you should perform a thorough background check on the interstate moving company you are interested in.
– Are your movers assigned a USDOT number and do they comply with consumer protection rules and regulations? This important detail will help you realize whether the chosen moving company operates within the bounds of the law. Take your time to examine your movers’ reputation and business practice so as to make sure you don’t fall victim to a dishonest moving company.
– Reputable movers should be able to provide you with the copy of ”Your rights and responsibilities when you move” guidelines. Also, you need to be aware of how their complaint handling procedure works.
– Take into consideration different travel options. How you are going to travel to your new residence depends on your moving budget and personal preferences. Some people may say that a do-it-yourself move is the cheapest way to move an entire household across the country. But what they usually overlook are those small costs that tend to pile up and result in unpleasant and unexpected additional expenses.
– Have your moving company help you with every stage of the move by choosing appropriate moving services. If you are moving valuables and fragile items, consider purchasing an adequate type of insurance. In this case full-value protection is strongly recommended. However, ask the moving company representative about all types of movers’ liability and decide which one suits best your specific situation and needs. When it comes to moving overseas, minimum liability coverage may not be enough to cover your high-value items and antiques.
Should your budget allow, hiring trustworthy international movers will make your moving process much easier and stress-free and will also provide you with sufficient time to organize other moving-related tasks and activities that require your full atention like helping your children cope with the move and adapt to the new surroundings. Last but not least, the unpacking process will be significantly simplified if you can rely on the professional assistance provided by respectable interstate moving company.