In desperate need of reputable corporate NYC movers? Be it local or long-distance, corporate relocation is rather difficult even without any additional complications. If you have ever moved house, you know that relocation may pose a great deal of difficulties.
Having determined your business goals, you’ve come to realize that your company would be better off in some other location. Business moving is a major undertaking that requires a serious approach and customized moving solutions provided by corporate NYC movers. Professional moving services are designed to guide you and your employees through a smooth transition to the new location.
Guidelines to hiring professional corporate NYC movers
Hiring reputable corporate NYC movers is an essential prerequisite to a successful business relocation. Organizing the entire project in a time-efficient and professional manner is probably your main requirement only a respectable moving company can meet.
Regardless of the size of your company, professional corporate NYC movers can move your offices and employees internationally as well as locally. They will assist you with planning and executing the upcoming corporate move.
Since no two corporate moves are the same, you will get a specially tailored relocation solution suitable for your business needs. Make sure to request several moving estimates from different moving companies in order to get the best possible deal. They will take care of the initial planning as well as physical business relocation.
While they are handling each step of the move with the utmost care and dedication, you can stay focused on your day-to-day business activities. When facing a corporate relocation, everyone is hoping for a minimal business routine disruption and inconveniences. Luckily, with a proper professional assistance neither your employees nor your clients will be put to trouble during the process. And what’s more, your business downtime will be minimized throughout the relocation process.
How to organize a corporate move in NYC
Moving a business along with the employees and acclimating to a new environment involves detailed planning and organization. Although corporate NYC movers will handle the logistics of the move, it’s not a simple undertaking that can be done overnight.
People decide to move their business for different reasons:
- to get closer to major clients, business partners, suppliers
- in order to accommodate growth
- to save money
- need for more space or improved working environment
- due to workforce issues
– Be fully aware of potential risks of the corporate relocation – loss of important employees who cannot move to a new location or unexpected moving costs and difficulties.
– Be realistic about what you can afford. Set up a moving budget as soon as you decide that a new, bigger space will be more suitable for your current business needs. Calculate all moving costs based on the moving quote that you have received from the chosen corporate NYC movers.
– Find the most suitable area where you can relocate your business always keeping in mind the moving budget as well as reasons for the move. Measure up your current work space just to be sure that furniture, equipment and employees will fit in there. Professional corporate movers will gladly assist you in creating an efficient floor plan.
– Establish an easy-to-follow schedule and time frame within which the move should be completed. Make sure everyone is aware of the assigned duties and responsibilities.
Extra tips on organizing a corporate relocation
– Get your employees involved in the moving process and encourage them to cooperate. Share with them all relevant information about the upcoming move and take their concerns into consideration. Take your time to answer their questions patiently and explain why this moving project is beneficial for everyone involved. They will be interested in housing prices, schools, medical institutions and other facilities.
– Inform your employees well in advance so that they have enough time to decide whether the business relocation will work for them. Those who are willing to commute or move to a new location will probably want to know more about the new neighborhood: restaurants, bars, health care and day care centers, supermarkets, schools, gyms,…
– Appoint each department’s supervisor to monitor moving activities and handle employee’s concerns. Develop an efficient internal and external communication during the relocation process and keep all relevant parties up to date.
– Contact third party service providers. Have a utility company disconnect and set up services in the current and new working space. Also, have other equipment installed at the new location so that you can provide the customers with quality services with minimal disruption.
– Take care of your personnel. Allow them an easy transition to a new environment and make them feel welcome. Help them out with the move and offer some incentives if possible. Their lifestyles will be affected by the move so make sure to provide some additional options.
– Get an appropriate moving insurance. Whether you are moving a small business across town or a multinational company to another state, getting a suitable insurance coverage is an important part of the relocation project. Moving delicate items like electronics and IT equipment shouldn’t be taken lightly.
How to notify clients and customers about the corporate move
While you are preoccupied with important moving-related tasks you are likely to forget to notify relevant parties and institutions about the change of address. Think of some simple (or creative) techniques to notify your customers that you are moving.
– Post a relocation sign on the door stating date of the move, new business address and opening date.
– Distribute printed materials with new contact and relocation details.
– Make the website notifications visible. Update company’s website, email signature, business directories,… Also, take advantage of social media pages to announce the change of address.
– Adjust voice mail notifications clearly stating new contact details.
– Depending on the type of your business, it may be wise to host an opening celebration to get new customers’ attention.
Corporate moves can be a major undertaking for a business of any size. Professional corporate NYC movers will put your mind at ease by providing a seamless transition.