As a NYC resident, you are probably wondering whether it is possible to find cheap movers without getting scammed. There is a way to identify fraudulent moving companies, but assuming that all cheap movers are suspicious and scammers is just wrong.
NYC offers very competitive market in terms of moving services, so among so many affordable moving companies you will be able to find at least one that suits your needs. If you are moving on a tight budget, the very first step would be to determine which type of moving services you need. Once you establish what you have to move, moving distance and timing, you can contact moving companies and ask for a quote.
Finding New York City movers that offer the best service for the money you are willing to spend is not an easy task. A recommendation from the person who has moved house recently can mean a lot. Otherwise, reading online reviews will help you distinguish quality moving companies from fraudulent ones. Gather all valuable information regarding the movers you might be interested in and investigate them further. Moving can seriously burden your budget if not planned properly and well in advance. Your choice will affect the outcome of the move, so make sure you hire reliable and reputable movers without spending too much money.
Tips for finding cheap moving services in NYC
– Compare moving quotes from different moving companies in NYC. Start early and take your time and explore moving market in New York City.
Are the movers you are interested in actually that affordable? Ridiculously low moving estimates usually are indicators that you are actually dealing with the rogue movers. Finding the perfect combination between price and quality is essential for the success of your undertaking. The rule of thumb – don’t go for the lowest price.
– Know exactly which moving services are included in the quote and if there are hidden moving costs that will eventually surprise you. Dealing with unexpected fees and taxes is something you want to avoid during the moving process. Some of the most common services that cause additional charges are: appliance servicing, carrying heavy and bulky items, taking the items up and down the stairs, elevator service (if the process is delayed because the elevator is being used by other people), long carry, temporary lodging,…
– Moving on a budget means that you will have to deal with some moving tasks by yourself. However, if you decide to rent just a moving truck, you will have to handle all moving tasks by yourself. First of all, get rid of all unnecessary items. The less items you move, the less you will pay for packing and moving services. Don’t get too attached to unnecessary household items. Instead, get rid of them by organizing a garage sale or by giving them to charities.
– Gather friends and other volunteers that are willing to assist you with packing and during the moving day.
– Finding cheap or free moving boxes is absolutely necessary if you are moving on a tight budget. You can get them at restaurants, bookstores, liquor stores,…
– You are likely to get a discount if you are moving during the off season – early spring, late autumn or winter. Moving companies usually have some special offers during that period. People moving to NYC usually expect expensive moving services and they are pleasantly surprised when they come across some really affordable and professional movers. With Dumbo moving and storage company high quality service and affordable moving experience is guaranteed. Also, if you have used their services before, you are entitled to an automatic Repeat Customer discount. Furthermore, customers who are referred to Dumbo moving and storage company will get a discount as well. Discounts and coupons cannot be combined. Only one promotion at a time can be used. Discounts and coupons are usually advertised on social media, so make sure to check them regularly when planning your move. It’s easy to find cheap movers in NYC, you just need to know where to look for. Maybe a reputable moving company is just around the corner in a quiet Brooklyn or Manhattan neighborhood.
– Getting an on-site moving estimate will help you get the clear picture of how much the move will cost you. Moving companies that insist on giving the quote via phone are usually not reliable and professional. Extremely low moving estimates are to be avoided, too. There are ways to identify fraudulent moving companies, just make sure you are familiar with all of them.
– How does the moving company charge? Whether they charge by cubic feet or weight will determine the final cost of the moving services. Movers that charge by cubic feet calculate the price based on the volume of the shipment. Estimates based on weight usually are not that accurate.
– Long-distance relocation can get a bit more expensive if you are moving your pets overseas and if you have a lot of goods that need to be shipped.
– When researching moving companies in the Big Apple make sure they are registered with the US Department of Transportation. They should be properly licensed and insured. Bare in mind that finding a cheap moving company in New York City is not just about the price, but also about quality. Make sure that you trust enough the people you are going to hire.
– Large and bulky items need special handling, so your movers will probably charge you additionally for moving some delicate items like pianos, pool tables, safes, flat screen tv, hot tubs,… Since moving these items takes a lot of energy, time and money, you should think twice before deciding whether they are worth the effort. Sometimes purchasing a new item is more affordable than moving the old one long distance.
– Storage services will cost you additionally and the charge will be based on the type of storage you need. Renting a storage unit is a perfect solution if you need more room in your living or working space. The total cost of the storage service depends on the size and special features of the facility like 24/7 availability, video surveillance, temperature control, quality security system,…
Dumbo Movers NYC- Discounts for our Customers
NYC is an expensive place to live and New York movers are usually expensive too. Everyone wants cheap NYC movers but no one wants their stuff broken. So here at Dumbo Moving we like to make sure to provide the most affordable moving experience we can while still offering a high quality moving experience. In this section we will provide tips to help you cut cost on your move.
Are you a new customer or have you used our NYC moving company before? Well if you did you get an automatic Repeat Customer discount. If you are referred to our company, you will get a discount also. (Please note that you can only use one type of discount or promotion code when booking a move).
Check out our social media sites for offer. We often post discounts on our Facebook and Twitter accounts. Not a fan of social media? Try looking for deals on Yelp and Groupon. We have deals with both sites, so find a deal which whatever site you prefer.
How to Make Money with Dumbo movers
Have you enjoyed our NYC movers and want to make money with us? We offer referral commissions to people who refer someone who then moves with our company. As long as the person never used our company before you are entitled to a commission. If the referred person or persons are New York movers then you will receive a 7% commission. If they have a long distanced move(out of New York)with us, it will be a 5% commission. To find out more about our referral program or if you want to refer someone to us, please email us and we will get back to you!