Reaching your new home with all your belongings is a huge relief, but you have a long way to go before you settle into your new home and adjust to new surroundings. It might even take weeks to unpack each moving box, sort the items and place them where they belong.
Hiring unpacking services would speed up the process a lot and help you settle in no time. If you are moving on a budget, you should decide whether you can afford the unpacking services. Alternatively, you can always get your friends or relatives help you unpack. An extra pair of hands may mean a lot, especially if you are too exhausted and overwhelmed with the whole relocation process.
Pros of hiring unpacking services
– Due to lack of time, you might not be able to complete the move and arrange your items within reasonable period of time. You should coordinate your business and private duties and activities and find time to unpack moving boxes and organize your new home. If you cannot get some time off of work, bare in mind that you might have limited period of time to complete your relocation process.
– Hiring an unpacking service will allow you to dedicate more time to your children. Due to your busy schedule and moving-related responsibilities you may not be able to spend much time with your kids during this challenging period. Children may have trouble dealing with the homesickness and they will need your full support and attention.
– Professional unpacking services are very convenient if you have to arrange your home within a specific time frame. Also, while you are having your moving boxes unpacked, you can manage other important tasks or just have fun doing some exciting activities.
– Experienced and specially trained packers will unpack your items safely, haul away the empty moving boxes and dispose of the packing material properly at the end of the process.
– Since you are probably sick and tired of the whole moving process, having everything unpacked by the professionals is a huge relief. You can rest assured that your kitchen appliances will be set up, your clothes sorted and folded and your furniture reassembled. They may even come up with some space-saving ideas and help you make the most even of a small space.
Full packing and unpacking services vs self-packing
Some people don’t feel comfortable letting strangers into their house, not to mention allowing them to meddle with their precious possessions. Not being in control of the situation makes them worried, so they decide to pack everything themselves in order to ensure peace of mind. They seem to prefer dealing with things at their own pace in a cost-effective way.
Although you can take as much time as you want to pack your items the way you like, it is not recommended to leave things to the last minute. Furthermore, inappropriate packing strategy may cause serious damage to your belongings, so you need to be very careful while packing fragile and valuable possessions like glassware, china, antiques, figurines, electronics,…). Even if you are not going to entrust your belongings to the professional packers, you should consider getting proper insurance for your belongings and adequate coverage for your valuables.
Full packing and unpacking service means having fully trained professionals deal with the tedious packing and unpacking process. Experts know which packing materials to use and how to pack all your items in order to keep them safe during the transport. Once your items reach the new destination, professionals will make sure everything’s unpacked and placed where it belongs. You don’t have to worry about empty boxes and used packing materials, since they will dispose of them properly and leave your new home impeccable. Also, professionals aim to perform a sustainable moving and they will use eco-friendly packing supplies to that purpose.