Are you ready to freshen up your home and give it a proper spring cleaning before you move to another location? According to many people, spring is the ideal time to sell or move house and make a fresh start elsewhere. Spruce up your home and clean it from top to bottom this spring in order to make it more appealing to the prospective renters or buyers.
Spring cleaning is quite a project and you need to have a proper approach to get the job done thoroughly and clean the areas that need special attention and care.
Make your home look impeccable by following some of our suggestions.
Spring cleaning tips
– Reduce the clutter and clear out your belongings. Let go of all unwanted items that take up your space by tossing away everything you don’t want to take with you to your new home. If you are not emotionally prepared to give up on some treasured, but useless items, you may opt for renting an affordable storage unit nearby where you can save them until next time. Items that are not worth saving can be donated or sold at a garage sale.
– Plan house cleaning in advance.
It will be a lot easier for you to tidy up and clean your space once it is free of clutter. If you fail to create a spring cleaning checklist, you may easily become overwhelmed by the workload. Do your spring cleaning sessions one at a time and plan ahead of time so as to reduce stress when the time comes to move. Another way to relieve the moving stress is to have some of the best moving companies in NYC take care of the whole moving process.
– Assign cleaning tasks to each family member.
Get your family involved in this spring cleaning project. After all, it’s in their best interest to prepare everything for a smooth moving day.
– Consider replacing some old items once you move to another place. Moving can be pricey, so, in some cases it is much cheaper to buy new items when the time comes than to relocate the old ones.
Deep cleaning checklist for this spring
Let’s go through some of the most helpful spring cleaning tips to help you face the upcoming move successfully.
– Give a nice scrub-down to the walls and ceilings and other areas that you usually don’t clean regularly.
– Wash windows inside and out and make sure they are spotless.
– Dust books, heirlooms, decorations and shelves.
– Wax wooden furniture.
– Wipe the floor with a mop.
– Give a deep cleaning to your carpets and curtains. Luckily, most of the curtains and draperies are machine washable. Consider having carpets in the high-traffic areas professionally cleaned.
– Clean kitchen appliances that you are using on a daily basis and if anything’s damaged make sure you have it repaired sooner rather than later. Ovens, microwaves and fridges seem to be the most commonly ignored kitchen areas, therefore the most problematic ones.
– Make your stainless steel look bright and shine again.
– Organize your closet by packing your winter clothes away and making more room for your spring and summer clothing. Also, now that you are about to move, it’s a perfect moment to say goodbye to the clothes and accessories you haven’t been using for ages.
– Once the sheets and comforter are removed, clean and vacuum your mattresses thoroughly.
– Clean your books and bookshelves and line them according to the size and subject.
– Some of the chores should be done seasonally, and there’s no better time than spring to clean your outdoor furniture and make your garden and patio look more attractive to the prospective buyers or renters.