Regardless of the distance, a business relocation requires professional movers’ attention and expertise. If you are planning to move your business to a new location any time soon you should know that it’s not the same as a residential move. Whether you are moving to another state or within the same building, business relocation may cause a slight disruption in your day-to-day work routine.
Moving an entire business is a huge undertaking and the process is better left to professionals. As it turns out, it’s more than just packing up the office and signing a new lease. Professional office movers will take care of each preparatory step of your business relocation.
Here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind while preparing for a big business relocation:
– Choose movers that specialize in business relocation a couple of months in advance and have them create an accurate moving plan for you. But first request several moving quotes from different moving companies so as to get a clear idea about pricing. Do not let low moving estimates mislead you. There are ways to recognize suspicious and fraudulent moving companies, so do your homework properly before you entrust the entire process to a particular company.
– Set up your unique moving budget. Although your main goal is to save money in the long run, a business relocation may trigger a lot of unexpected, short-term costs. An accurate moving budget will help you realize how much you can spend on the move as well as keep track of all moving costs.
– Start as early as possible. Luckily, your movers have already done thousands of similar moves, so you can rest assured that they will take care of each stage of the business relocation. Thanks to their professionalism and expertise, professional movers will keep unexpected pitfalls at bay and ensure your peace of mind throughout the process.
You can rely on your corporate long distance movers when it comes to:
– Check regulations of the state/country you are moving to. If you fail to comply with the local rules you are likely to face fines and penalties. It’s advisable to research regulations of the desired location so as to be able to move your business without major troubles. If there are any restrictions, make sure you are aware of them before you take any other steps.
– Adjust your marketing strategy to the target audience. While adopting the new country’s culture, try to have a better understanding of a business background, local market, financial affairs, needs and requirements.
– Communicate with your employees and keep them involved as much as possible. Share with them the moving schedule and let them know what their responsibilities are.
– Have one person from each department coordinate one particular area. It’s essential that you surround yourself with reliable assistants who will ensure each employee sticks to the moving schedule and follows instructions.
– Schedule regular meetings so as to discuss moving particularities with your employees. Assign them a list of tasks that should be completed prior to the moving day.
– Update your physical address and contact details online – company’s website, email signature, business cards, promotional material, social media, local directory listings,…
– Inform everyone you are doing business with that you are moving. It’s extremely important to keep your customers and juggle regular, day-to-day tasks and moving duties and responsibilities.
– Change your address with the postal service as well as delivery services and banks.
– Have the utilities set up at the new location and make sure everything’s in working order prior to the moving day.
– Detailed floor plan and inventory list can go a long way towards an efficient business relocation.
At some point you may realize that moving your business to a new location seems logical, but you are still a bit hesitant. Moving a business long distance can be very risky – you can have additional costs and lose some of the customers or business partners. Furthermore, there’s no a guarantee that you will accomplish what you’ve planned or expected.
But, at the end of the day, if you want to be successful, you need to take risks sometimes. In some cases the very location of your business may define its success.
There’s a list of possible reasons why people usually move their companies to another city/state.
– Lower costs of running a business in another city/state. If you are looking to cut rent and maintenance costs as well as increase your profit, you may want to move to a more favorable area.
– Need for more space. If your current business space cannot accommodate growth of the company, you may consider changing location.
– Proximity to target audience and major clients. If moving your company to a new location means that it will be easier for your customers to reach you, do not hesitate to move it as soon as possible.
– Quality staff at competitive prices. Lack of suitable workforce may force you to perform a business relocation to a new location within the same city or abroad.
– Access to the more convenient market. A new, encouraging business environment may boost your company’s growth, so it might be time to move your business to another location.
– Many cities and states offer incentives and special conditions for a business relocation – tax credits, reduced rent or utility costs, special training programs,…
A good organization allows you to have a smooth business relocation without major disruptions or loss of clients. If uprooting your company elsewhere makes sense for you, reputable corporate movers will help you make the most of your big business relocation.
Experience the peace of mind that comes from working with a trusted, affordable moving service. Our team of dedicated movers is committed to providing excellent customer service and making sure your items arrive in the same condition they were in before the move. We work hard to ensure that your move is as stress-free as possible and that your possessions are handled with the utmost care. With our competitive prices and commitment to customer satisfaction, you can be sure that your move will be an enjoyable and successful experience.