By now you already know all about DIY moving and about different ways to save money when you move to New York. We always make sure that our clients and readers have all the necessary data in order to have the best moving experience possible. And although they usually look for ways to save money, sometimes they are lacking different resource. More often than not, they don’t have enough time. And sometimes, they don’t have any time at all. In order to help them, as we always strive to do, we came up with this useful list. Read here 5 useful tips to fast track your move to NYC. Even when you have a limited budget, there are still ways to do things faster, and in a better way. Scroll down!
1.One thing is for sure – you need a good plan!
This is true for almost every situation, but it is a little bit more important in this one. Why? Because you won’t have time to second guess or to do over. Which means that you probably have one shot. With all that chaos and boxes flying around, you might feel a little bit overwhelmed. That is when you turn to the plan for your NYC move. Keep it close to you, and do it on paper instead of your computer or your phone. Also, make sure you have a copy lying around. Things like these don’t take too much time, but can be very helpful.
The only way to fast track your move to NYC is to know at any given moment what you should be doing. That way you won’t waste any time wondering what you should be doing next. You will also be certain that you didn’t forget anything. This is important in any type of relocations, but it is crucial for any last minute move.
2. Make a list of priorities when you are trying to fast track your move to NYC
I think we can all agree that with a limited time not everything can be done. Having that in mind it is not the same thing when you forget your pen and you forget your phone charger. Which is why we made a list of universal priorities for any last minute NYC move. You can add a few of your own and write to us if you think that we should add something to the list!
- NYC maps – Of course, you are going to use GPS, but what if your battery dies? You don’t want to be stuck in the middle of crazy NYC and not know where are you supposed to go, watching the clock ticking and getting more anxious by the minute. So, get a map.
- Canceling utilities – One of the things people usually forget is this simple task that can cause you a lot of trouble in the end
- Re-route all of your mail, change your address and notify all relevant parties – It is boring but it is also more than necessary.
3. Hire professionals and call for help
New York is absolutely amazing and it would be a waste for your first experience to be filled with stress and anxiety. In addition to learning how to cope with stress when relocating, there are other things you could do. If you do not have a lot of time, perhaps it is better to reach out to professionals. Transporting, packing, cleaning, storing and all in between. If you are not sure how to do it, or you simply don’t have the time, outsourcing is the best option. No matter what you choose, it is important that you know how to choose the right moving partners. This is the best way to make sure that you can fast track your move to NYC without problems. And don’t let the expenses fool you, doing it right once and paying is much better than doing it yourself and making a mistake.
Make sure that you have these things in mind before you begin your last minute move to the Big Apple
Things that are fast are sometimes rushed and lack quality. Although it is highly unlikely that everything will be perfect (is it ever, really?) there are still some mistakes that you should try to avoid.
- SAFETY – This always has to be your primary focus, regardless where are you moving to and how much time and money you make. If you injure yourself, or anyone helping you with your relocation, the consequences can be very serious, not to mention fatal. Safety is always first, even when you are trying to move to New York without a lot of time.
- LEGALITY – Doing some shady deals in order to cut through some red tape isn’t as beneficial as it might sound to you. Make sure that all of your contracts and arrangements are legal and binding. Avoid anything even slightly suspicious.
- RUSHING – If you don’t have to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? It is better not to rush and take your time. For example, rushing with packing may cause the context of your boxes laid out on the street. You most definitely won’t have time for that. Especially when you are trying to fast track your move to NYC.
Relocating to New York when you don’t have a lot of time doesn’t have to be a nightmare. There is a solution to every problem and we always do our best to provide one for our clients. That means that you just need a good plan and a good partner. You already have the greatest city in the world as your final destination. Welcome to New York!