Trying to save money on some important life events like a household move can actually cost you more in the long run. When planning a local or international move, you have plenty of NYC moving companies at your disposal, and going for the lowest quote turns out to be a wrong decision in most cases. Although customers happen to be attracted by extremely low, too-good-to-be-true offers, as a matter of fact, those should be avoided. Finding a balance between cost and quality is what most customers should aim to if they don’t want to spend a fortune on a household relocation or entrust their belongings to a questionable and incompetent moving company.
Cheap vs reasonably priced movers
No matter the distance, a household move can be very expensive, and you would certainly like to cut expenses if possible. While it can be tempting for you to hire movers that offer the lowest possible rate and save on your move, bare in mind that there are a lot of fraudulent moving companies that you should stay away from no matter how appealing their offer is. And remember, cheaper is not always better when it comes to moving house.
Luckily, there are reasonably priced moving companies that offer quality moving services with no strings attached.
In oder to avoid unpleasant surprises it’s always useful to have a rough idea of the relocation costs and check whether your expectations meet reality. By comparing several moving quotes you have received from a couple of moving companies you can gain more accurate understanding of the current moving market and expenses you are going to incur during the moving process.
Hopefully the following points will help you have a cost-effective and stress-free move by making right moving-related choices.
Tips for identifying fraudulent movers
– Fraudulent moving companies provide drastically low (therefore appealing) moving estimates via phone, without leaving any written trace, so you don’t have any proof in case you want to take legal actions against them. Chances are that you will be charged unreasonable amount when the move is complete, despite the low initial quote.
– In most cases low-priced moving companies are not properly registered, so make sure you check whether the moving companies you are interested in comply with local regulations. Also, if you are moving long-distance, make sure you check moving company’s USDOT number.
– Extremely cheap moving services include either limited or no insurance, which means that your household belongings are not properly covered in case of any damage or loss, therefore, the moving company in question will not be held accountable for any possible inconvenience. However, you should bare in mind that accidents may happen even if your move is managed by one of the most reputable moving companies. So, you will come to realize that investing in a more comprehensive type of insurance will pay off eventually and ensure your peace of mind throughout the relocation process.
– Unusually cheap movers happen to be incompetent to take care of your treasured belongings, since they do not invest in professional trainings. Dealing with incompetent and inexperienced moving staff can result in a series of inconveniences and potential damage to your goods. At the end of the day, you will get what you paid for and very low prices can be considered as a red flag for bad moving services or fraud.
– Lack of professionalism as well as an incredibly low moving estimate is what makes fraudulent movers recongnizable. Also, additional services like packing, unpacking, disassembling and reassembling, piano moving, storage services are usually not included in the offer, which makes the process even more difficult.
To put it in a nutshell, extremely cheap moving solutions can lead to some huge and unexpected expenses that could have been avoided only if you had done your homework and researched a moving company’s background and references.