How many hours have you spent in your hot tub just relaxing and doing nothing? Having a private spa where you can unwind after a busy day at work is certainly rewarding. While purchasing and installing a hot tub was an exciting experience, planning to relocate it to another place is rather stressful. Although you must’ve been hoping that this wouldn’t happen, you are now planning how to move your precious hot tub to another place.
No wonder why so many people decide to leave their hot tub behind when moving given all the hassle involved.
It’s no secret that relocating some items is more expensive than purchasing the new ones at a new location. A hot tub might or might not be among those items, depending on the moving distance. If you are planning an interstate move, shipping a hot tub may cost you a lot. So, weigh your options and try to figure out whether moving a hot tub makes sense in this particular situation.
Relocating this huge, delicate and oddly-shaped item can give you a really hard time. As it turns out, hot tubs are among those sensitive items that require extra care. If you have decided that your private spa is worth the effort and costs, make sure to hire an exceptional moving company just to ensure your peace of mind. They certainly know the most convenient way to relocate your precious hot tub from point A to point B.
While asking a couple of strong friends to give you a hand seems tempting, no one can guarantee a successful outcome of the move. It’s surely a lot cheaper to move the hot tub yourself, but the question is: do you really want to take that risk?
Should I hire specialty movers when relocating?
As we all know, items like grand and upright pianos, king-size beds, pool tables, gym equipment, hot tubs are better left to the professionals. Not only are they more competent to handle your valuable possessions, but also they know how to avoid personal injuries.
In most cases a household move requires more than boxing up your items and putting them in a van.
There are different sorts of expensive, bulky or fragile items that need specialty movers’ attention and expertise. Provided that your moving budget allows it, hiring specialty movers with an excellent reputation is the way to go. Whether your items have huge monetary or sentimental value, do not take chances relocating them on your own without proper equipment, knowledge and experience.
The very first step toward relocating your precious belongings safely is to get moving estimates from different moving companies. This is how you will get a clear idea of whether you can actually afford professional moving services and what your options are. Additional moving services should be also stated in the moving estimate, therefore you will know approximately how much the move will cost you.
People may think that gathering as many strong friends and volunteers as possible is a cost-effective way to move large and oddly-shaped items. But, what they don’t know is that only a skillful approach and proper resources will help you transport your valuable items without damaging them or hurting themselves.
Having performed hundreds of similar moves, specialty movers know how to keep personal injuries and damage at bay. Isn’t it exactly what all of us strive to when moving house?
Is there an easy way to move a hot tub?
When trying to figure out which course of action to take in order to move a hot tub you should know that it can be very dangerous. So, make safety your top priority when relocating your private spa to another location. As we all know, hot tubs are famous for being difficult to handle and move, so you may want to take advantage of professional services rather than trying to do it on your own.
Having taken all potential risks into consideration, you’ve finally decided hiring specialty movers is not for you. Well, good luck with that! If, for some reason, this is not an option for you we have compiled a list of necessary steps for this demanding endeavor.
Tips for moving a hot tub without specialty movers
– First off, get necessary equipment:
- two furniture dollies
- two 4 X 4 pieces of wood
- appliance dolly
– Gather at least four strong and reliable friends who are willing to do some heavy lifting. Without enough manpower you shouldn’t even think about relocating a hot tub on your own.
– Go through the manufacturer’s instructions so as to figure out how your jacuzzi works.
– Drain the hot tub completely. It’s a good idea to let the water drain directly into the garden. If there are local regulations for draining large amounts of water, make sure you learn them in advance.
– Pack all removable parts separately. While disassembling heater, blower, pumps, plumbing and electrical units take photos so as to be able to put them back together at the new place.
– Rent a suitable moving truck that can accommodate the tub. Provided that you’ve measured the dimensions of the jacuzzi, you can rent the right size moving vehicle.
– Secure a path to the moving truck and make sure it’s obstacle-free.
– Unplug the hot tub from the electric network and secure power cables.
– Lift the hot tub carefully with the help of your friends and place it on a piece of wood, which is 2-3 inches off the ground.
– Slide the furniture dolly underneath the tub base gradually and secure the load with straps.
– Load the jacuzzi at the back of the truck and cover it for further protection.
After your jacuzzi is delivered, repeat the same procedure in reverse order. Relocating a hot tub is a serious affair, so make sure to reward your helpers for a job well-done. Take a break after a tiresome experience and relax after a busy moving day with your friends. You’ve all deserved it!