As we all know, a beautiful garden can add some dazzling charm to your household, but it certainly takes a lot of time and effort to maintain it properly. Items like outdoor tools and garden furniture usually take up a lot of space and packing them for a move can be quite an ordeal. Each household area comes with a unique set of challenges when it comes to packing and moving. But, before you decide to pack garden tools for moving, take a moment to assess your needs.
As a rule of thumb, get rid of everything you don’t intend to use. Considering the costs, time and efforts needed for packing and moving large garden accessories, you should decide which items will be worth the packing and transportation costs. It doesn’t make much sense to pack and move items that you won’t be using in the foreseeable future.
So, if you are unsure as to the right approach to packing and moving garden tools read on to figure out the most efficient way that suits best your specific situation. Needless to say, professional movers’ help can make all the difference between a smooth and disastrous moving experience. If you are moving within the Big Apple, research expert local movers Brooklyn NY to get a sense of how much the move will cost you.
On the other hand, reputable long-distance NYC movers can help you move even the most demanding of household items.
Sort through your garden equipment
First and foremost, sort through your outdoor items so as to figure out what to move and what to leave behind. Deciding what’s worth moving can be a difficult task, but try to look on the bright side. A household move presents a perfect opportunity to walk through the house and take an inventory of all your belongings.
The next step would be to establish some clear standards and rules for what to keep and what to part with. You may want to let go of things you haven’t been using for a while or those too big for your new home.
Renting a storage unit for the items you may need at some point can be a viable, but a pricey alternative. As hard as letting go can be, accumulating unnecessary items can complicate your life even more. So, in order to have a clutter-free new beginning at your new home, you can host a profitable garage sale or organize a donation pick-up.
How to prepare garden tools for moving
Since moving dust and dirt along with your outdoor equipment is not an option, make sure to clean your items properly. Only dry and clean garden accessories can make it to a new destination without contaminating the content of the moving truck.
- Use durable packing materials to wrap and tape sharp-edged equipment such as mattock, hedge shear, lawn and leaf rake.
- Power tools should be completely drained.
- Bundle all long-handled items together in a secure manner (shovels, brooms…).
- Dismantle outdoor furniture and keep small hardware in a properly labeled bag.
- Remove all attachments from power tools and keep them nearby.
- If you are a proud owner of the outdoor jacuzzi, it’s highly advisable to seek professional movers’ help in order to move a hot tub safely.
Get necessary supplies to pack garden tools for moving
If you are not sure how to pack garden tools for moving, involving professional movers could be an excellent idea. Research moving companies Long Island and make the most of their expertise and efficiency.
If, for some reason, the DIY approach makes more sense for your budget, then make sure to start off on the right foot by getting the right type of quality packing supplies. You’ll be happy to hear that there are a lot of sources of free cardboard boxes, so contact the nearest grocery store, restaurant and liquor store to arrange for the pick-up. Due to the unique nature of your garden tools, you will need boxes in different sizes as well as a lot of bubble wrap, packing paper, moving blankets.
As you go about sorting your garden tools, chances are you will come across a lot of awkward and bulky items. Here are some of the most efficient ways to keep your garden tools safe all along.
- Use smaller boxes for heavy items and vice versa.
- Line the bottom of each moving box with the crumpled paper.
- Use large amounts of moving blankets for securing large and bulky items.
- Secure sharp tools like hedge trimmers and garden shears with a lot of bubble wrap.
- Pack small hand tools in properly labelled small boxes.
- Use ziplock bags for storing small parts from detached tools.
- Use biodegradable bubble wrap to protect both your items and the environment when moving.
Make safety your top priority
Having decided to pack garden tools for moving by yourself, you’ve taken on a huge responsibility. Keeping both your belongings and your property safe during the move requires some advance planning.
- Dispose of all hazardous materials as your movers will refuse to transport them. Make sure to do it in an eco-friendly way.
- Remove gasoline from your power tools like a lawnmower, leaf blower or snow blower.
- Remove the tank from the propane grill.
Moving is no joke and it’s perfectly understandable if you need professional movers to back you up. If you are researching local movers right now, know that you are not alone. There are so many people out there who have decided to trust professional movers even with the most delicate and valuable items. Needless to say, they can offer a moving quote that suits your pocket as well as an outstanding packing service. They will help you pack garden tools for moving so that you can recreate and enjoy your locus amonious after a tiresome and exhausting move.