Although you might think that moving only includes the transport of your belongings, in reality, it’s so much more. There is packing too, and a dilemma about should you pay for packing or pack by yourself? Moving also includes loading, transporting, unloading, and unpacking all of your belongings, meaning it is a very time-consuming and, in most cases, frustrating process. In fact, moving has been ranked as one of the most stressful events you’ll experience in your lifetime, alongside divorce. The most tedious part of the moving process is packing when moving, especially since there are so many things to think about. Remember, proper planning and organization are crucial. However, even with taking enough time to properly plan and organize the move, there are so many things that can go wrong.
The situation can get even more complicated if you work long hours or plan on moving with your family. This is why many people consider paying for packing when moving. However, you might be in a dilemma about whether or not to pay for the packing services, and that’s why we’re here to help. So, if you want to learn about the most important pros and cons of paying for packing when moving, check out the following text below.
What Includes the Packing Service?
First things first, let’s talk about what exactly packing services include. The chosen company will gather all the necessary packing supplies and pack every item in your household, including glossary, clothes, antiques (if you have any), furniture, electronics, etc. In other words, they’ll pack everything you think of. They will pack all of your belongings with care and attention to any breakable items. This is why it is very important to hire reputable local movers and packers. When they’re finished packing, the next thing they’ll do is label all the moving boxes. This will take the pressure off of you. The number one reason you should hire professional packers is to save up time and make sure that you have enough focus to dedicate it to other parts of the moving process.
Now, let’s talk about the main reasons why you should consider paying for packing when moving.
- As we mentioned earlier, you’re planning on performing the move by yourself and have already acquired the moving vehicle, but you need help with packing.
- You want to save up some time and energy to conduct the move in the best possible manner.
- You own very sensitive and valuable items but don’t have prior experience in packing fragile items.
- Perhaps you have some items that require specialized packing.
- You want to save some money by hiring packers and not spending money on moving and packing supplies.
- Maybe you aren’t sure whether you can pack by yourself and lack the confidence to do so.
- You need to pack in a hurry.
We listed the most common reasons why people consider hiring a company to do the packing for them. Next, we’ll talk about the pros and cons of paying for packing when moving.
- The packing team is there to do all the hard work for you, and they’re highly educated professionals with lots of experience.
- All of your items will be packed in the best possible manner, lowering or eliminating any potential risk of damage.
- Professionals can help you save space when packing for a move. They’ll maximize the space in the boxes resulting in the boxes taking up less space in the moving van, therefore lowering the moving expense if you choose to hire professional movers.
- Most people need weeks to pack efficiently. The whole job will be done in a day by hiring professional packers.
Paying for packing when moving might be expensive, depending on the number of belongings you need help with, which can add up to quite a high cost for the entire movie. Remember to conduct a budget before deciding whether or not to hire professional packers.
So, how much does it cost to hire a professional packer? Well, it all depends on various factors, but the average prices usually revolve around:
- One Bedroom Home $500+
- Two (Three) Bedroom Home $550-$800
- Three (Four) Bedroom Home $850+
We must state that these prices can severely differ when the number of items that require packing is taken into consideration. Other factors include what items you need help with, meaning that the price won’t be the same if you have things like big and bulky furniture, electronics, glossary, antiquest, etc. because they will need to use specialized packing materials.
How long Will It Take?
Not, let’s answer the question of how long it will take for the packers to pack all of your belongings. Answering this question is important, and you should always ask the packing service for an estimate on how much time they will need to finish the job because having an answer will help you organize the rest of the move in the best possible manner.
- One Bedroom Home 2-4 hours
- Two-Bedroom Home 3-5 hours
- Three Bedroom Home 6-10 hours
- Four Bedroom Home 8-12 hours
Again, these are only guidelines, and if you decide to hire a professional packing and unpacking service, it would be best for you to ask them directly.
Is It Worth It?
So, is a packing service worth the cost? In almost every scenario, the answer is yes because professional NYC movers and packers can save you a pretty extensive amount of time and, in some cases, even money. Also, your belongings will be packed in the best possible manner ensuring maximum protection and safety, which is very beneficial if you need to transport highly valuable items.
You can lower the cost of packing if you know how to declutter before the move. Of course, make sure to put everything on paper because it will ensure your making the right decision. And, don`t forget to conduct a budget and leave at least 10 percent of the budget for unexpected costs, and believe us, you`d be surprised how often these happen.