As it turns out, packing your entire household for the upcoming move usually takes longer than expected. So many different tasks, large and tiny objects to tackle seem to make this phase of the relocation process very complicated, especially if you are moving on short notice.
If your budget allows you to pay for extra services, professional packers should be the first on your list, along with the reputable moving company. Packing up your home for the move is probably one of the most important tasks on your moving checklist and, depending on how it’s done, it may affect the entire course of your household move. In most cases, a limited moving budget is what prevents people from hiring professional movers and packers and one of the most common concerns is whether the benefits are worth paying additionally.
What do professional packers offer?
Some people would say that professional packers offer a peace of mind. They will arrange everything in a logical and timely manner always keeping in mind safety of your precious household belongings. People are likely to procrastinate their moving duties and responsibilities until a later time and do things at the last minute. No wonder they are so stressed out and frustrated by a series of difficulties they need to deal with throughout the process. A successful move is all about making the right decisions, so for starters, you should determine whether you need professional packers’ services or you can handle everything on your own with the help of some friends and family.
– If you are hiring an NYC moving company, you can also arrange for full-service movers or have your movers pack only the most delicate and demanding items like piano, king-size bed, artwork, china, antiques,… If you are worried about the affordability of packing services, let the professionals pack only bulky, heavy, oddly-shaped and fragile items. Also, reputable moving companies usually offer affordable storage services, which is very helpful if, for some reason, you cannot move everything the same day. They are properly trained to disassemble large furniture pieces and keep them safe from any dents, scratches and stains.
– Professional packers use quality packing supplies and equipment, so that you can rest assured that your household belongings will be handled with the utmost care and properly prepared for the transport.
– In order to have an accurate packing quote, let the surveyor do an inventory and assess the items that need to be packed. The final cost depends on several factors – the volume of the items that should be packed, the amount of packing supplies needed, the estimated time for packing,… By contacting several top rated companies and comparing their quotes you can get a better idea of the real cost of professional packing services. At the end of the day, given the number of advantages of hiring professional packers, paying an extra cash turns out to be worthwhile.
– If you don’t have enough time to pack everything carefully and have the high volume of possessions hiring professional packers may be worth the cost, since they are experienced and skilled enough to pack your belongings in a quick and efficient way.
– Moving long-distance is always a good reason for you to go for professional packers since you will want to make sure that your precious household belongings survive the transport and reach the new destination undamaged.
– Professional packers accept the liability if anything goes wrong during the process. In order to take extra safety measures, you can take a lot of photos of the items that should be packed. In case of any dispute with the moving company, you can use those photos to prove your items’ condition before the move.