As it turns out, the most problematic aspect about coast-to-coast moving is the distance itself. Moving thousands of miles away from your current home is anything but easy and cheap, but it’s certainly feasible.
Given the complexity of the coast-to-coast move, a DIY move is out of the question. Therefore, you should weigh your options and find an efficient and cost-effective way to transport your household belongings over such a long distance.
What to consider when moving coast-to-coast?
– Research average housing costs so as to determine whether they match your monthly income. Given the distance, probably you won’t be able to make several trips to your new home and back in order to find a home for you and your family, so consider hiring a reputable real estate agent who will find a proper home according to your budget. Alternatively, if you want to search for your perfect house personally, you may also move into a temporary housing for the first couple of months, which leaves you enough time to explore local real estate market and get to know your surroundings. Bare in mind that housing costs may differ significantly from city to city.
– Research your new home town in advance so as to get the idea of what your life will look like in the future. Try to be positive and optimistic about your moving adventure and think of all amazing things that you can do in your new city.
– Learn more information about local job market so as to get a general idea of how your job hunting process will look like. Also, if you are moving with your family, make sure your partner won’t struggle to find a decent employment after you move to a new home.
– Make safety your top priority when looking for the most suitable neighborhood. Choose a healthy and prosperous environment for your family within a friendly and calm community with a lot of good schools, healthcare institutions and green areas.
– Consider possible effects of cultural differences. Are you ready to embrace different lifestyle, points of view, social and cultural background? No matter how excited about the move you are, you should know that you are likely to experience some kind of cultural shock after you move to another state.
– Will you have trouble adapting to the new climate? Are local weather conditions suitable for you and your family?
– Make a list of moving costs that you are about to incur and see whether your moving budget will cover them. As soon as you get in touch with the moving companies of your choosing, you will better understand how the moving price is formed and which services you can actually afford. Some of the main factors that will affect the cost of the move are moving distance and weight of the moving load.
How to prepare for the coast-to-coast move?
– Plan ahead in order to save on your coast-to-coast household move. If you are flexible about the moving date, pick one during the off-season. Bare in mind that if you set the moving date during the peak season, the movers you want to schedule might not be available. Also, hiring a top-rated moving company is much more likely to happen during the off-season and if you are lucky, you may even get some services at a competitive price or some special discounts.
– Book an affordable coast-to-coast moving company that will guide you through the relocation process. The truth is that your big move is not going to be cheap, but you can at least try to find movers that offer reasonably priced moving services. Fully licensed and properly trained moving crew will know exactly how to make the entire process much easier on you.
– Get several moving quotes from top-rated coast-to-coast moving companies and compare them so as to be able to decide which one suits your needs and requirements. No matter how appealing low moving estimates may seem, try to stay away from the moving companies that offer surprisingly low quotes. In most cases unnaturally low estimates should be considered as a warning sign that you may be dealing with fraudulent movers who want to take advantage of you.
– Purge through your household items and get rid of what you don’t plan to use any more. Extra pounds on your moving load will burden your budget additionally and result in some unwanted extra charges. Since decluttering is also a time-consuming task, it’s recommended to start early. If you are aiming for a fresh start after you move to a new home, getting rid of all useless items would be a good starting point. Downsizing is one of the most effective ways to cut costs of your household move.
– Consider renting a storage facility for the items that won’t fit into your new home. The truth is that people are emotionally attached to certain items and trying to let go of them can be very traumatic. Luckily, hiring a storage unit may help you preserve those items that your new home cannot accommodate, but are still very valuable for you.
– Purchase an appropriate moving insurance so as to keep your household belongings protected all along. Should the unforeseen events occur, you will have your peace of mind knowing that your household possessions are properly insured and protected.
– Decide what you are going to do with your vehicle. Are you going to move your car to the intended destination or sell it and buy a new one after you settle into your new home? Dealing with all the moving-related tasks from your checklist doesn’t leave you much time to handle shipping a car. Luckily, there are plenty of reputable and trustworthy auto transport companies that will transport your car in a safe and efficient manner while you can focus on more important tasks awaiting your attention.