There’s a good deal of reasons why moving to the suburbs appeals to a growing number of city-dwellers. Having spent a lot of time weighing pros and cons of such a decision, people seem to prefer a less complicated way of life at some point.
When it comes to choosing a place to settle down and raise a family, suburban areas apparently have a lot to offer. While living in a big city seems so alluring, transitioning to the suburbs from an urban area can be a huge revelation in terms of new possibilities and benefits.
Being fed up with the busy lifestyle and day-to-day hassles, there’s a growing number of families and millennials looking to make a big leap from the city to the suburban area. People who are trying to settle down are usually drawn to a peaceful lifestyle and more affordable housing options.
However, no matter how appealing the change may appear, some people are just not cut out for the suburban living. That kind of lifestyle is not for everyone, so you should carefully consider all potential benefits and downsides of moving to the suburbs. In order to help you decide which option suits you best, we’ve put together some of the most important aspects. Whether you will find living in the suburbs appealing depends on your personal preferences and circumstances as well.
Be honest with yourself when assessing your needs and requirements and try to answer to the following questions in order to determine whether you are about to make the right call or not.
You may assume that commuting in the cities takes less time due to a shorter distance. But, the truth is that commuting in the urban areas can become rather stressful and complicated due to traffic jams, congestion and delays. Whether you are going to keep your old job or find the new one closer to your suburban home, decide whether the length and time of the commute is worthwhile. Before you commit to a long and tiresome commute consider other options that may facilitate your big transition.
As we all know, reputable movers may put your mind at ease when moving outside city limits. Also, a quality realtor will take care of the legalities and paperwork. Remember, as long as you have a proper assistance, you can count on a stress-free moving experience.
People fond of a busy and eventful lifestyle should manage their expectations when transitioning to the suburbs. While urban areas offer an entire world of entertainment options, suburbs are rather quiet and according to some people – even annoying. Therefore, limited fun activities can be a deal-breaker for the young people looking for a place to move to. Once you gain insight into the suburb’s vibe and personality, you will be able to envision yourself (or not) as a part of it.
– More spacious and affordable housing options. Large homes with spacious backyards seem to attract families who are moving with children and pets. While living in the big-city micro apartments may appeal to the young professionals and couples, growing families need a lot more space.
– A lot of green areas and suburban landscape may boost one’s mood and mental health. Less crowd on the streets as well as a fair amount of greenery may be pleasing to the eye and mind of the outdoor lovers.
– Suburbs are famous for their strong community spirit. As a newcomer you will encounter a lot of friendly and warm neighbors who will welcome you with some kind and thoughtful gestures.
– Thriving and expanding suburban areas typically provide better schooling options. Truth be told, some of the top-rated schools in the U.S are situated in suburban areas.
– Far away from the city lights, horns and crowds, suburban environment may bring some peace and quiet into your everyday life. If safety is your top-priority, low crime rate in the suburbs is a major consideration.
– Significant financial benefits and better price for square foot is sometimes the most important determinant. Everyone who has ever lived in a big city knows that the closer to the city center your apartment is, the more expensive it’s going to be. By moving to the suburbs you will be able to get your dream home at a convenient price.
With so much attention being put on the benefits of moving to the suburbs, we will also point out some disadvantages to help you make the right decision.
-It’s not easy to find a buyer or a renter if you decide to move from the suburban area one day.
-Shortage of entertainment options, cultural events and activities.
-Expect a long commute. Be ready to spend a lot of time on public transportation or in your car if you plan to keep your old downtown job.
– Living in the suburbs may feel like you are isolated from the rest of the world, especially if you don’t have your own car. Eventually, due to the limited public transportation in the suburbs, you will have to rely on your car as your main means of transport.
– You will waste a lot of precious time on commutes at the expense of quality time with your family and loved ones.
Choosing between two fairly different lifestyles is never easy. Whatever your reasons for the transition are, it’s always advisable to consider both positive and negative aspects in order to make an informed decision, especially if you are moving long distance.
Experience the peace of mind that comes from working with a trusted, affordable moving service. Our team of dedicated movers is committed to providing excellent customer service and making sure your items arrive in the same condition they were in before the move. We work hard to ensure that your move is as stress-free as possible and that your possessions are handled with the utmost care. With our competitive prices and commitment to customer satisfaction, you can be sure that your move will be an enjoyable and successful experience.