It’s no secret that some items are considerably harder to relocate to another home and if you are wondering what the most demanding items to pack and move to a new home are, then you are on the right page.
Having made a decision to move to a new home, you should be ready to take on a huge responsibility of organizing and carrying out a tiresome life-changing relocation to a new home. Whether you are moving long distance or just a couple of blocks away, it’s no secret that the entire experience can be very daunting. You are likely to encounter a lot of difficulties and challenges throughout the process, so you should take all potential obstacles into consideration as soon as you decide to move to a new home.
As it turns out, some of them are within your own house and the sooner you learn about them, the easier it will be for you to handle them efficiently. Being difficult to move, certain items require proper preparation, special handling and professional movers’ attention.
Moving house is known to be one of the most stressful undertakings and some aspects of it can make the entire experience even more stressful and difficult.
In case you were wondering which household items are the most difficult to move from one home to another read on to learn some helpful guidelines and tricks.
As it turns out only the people who have tried to move a piano to a new home know how difficult it can be. Not only is it challenging to get the instrument in and out of the house, but also you will need an efficient strategy to pack it into the moving truck.
Due to its delicacy and awkward bulkiness, it’s always wise to hire professional piano movers who have enough experience in handling large and oddly shaped items. Professional movers will be able to protect both your instrument and your property from potential damaging. But before you settle for a particular moving company, make sure your budget allows additional services provided by professional movers.
By getting several moving estimates from different moving companies you will be able to identify and go for the most convenient deal.
If you decide to move a piano by yourself, you should be aware of all the risks involved, especially if you need to move it up and down the flight of stairs. However, unless properly prepared, you shouldn’t even try to move a piano by yourself.
By following our safety tips you may be able to move it efficiently:
– Gather helpers. Check if your friends and neighbors are in the mood to do heavy lifting on the scheduled day of the move. The more reliable helpers you get, the greater is the chance to move your piano successfully.
– Get necessary equipment to ensure your piano reaches new destination in one piece:
– Make safety your top priority and wear comfortable, flexible clothes and closed, sturdy shoes. Also, make sure your helpers are properly dressed for the job.
– Secure the keyboard lid, corners and wrap the piano with blankets and padding material.
– Having established the route to the moving truck, make sure all potential obstacles are removed.
– Mind the lifting technique! Always keep the piano in an upright position and lift with your legs, not with your back so as to avoid injuries and inconveniences.
As you prepare to move to a new home, you may be wondering what will happen with your household plants during the move and whether they will make it to the new residence. Plants are also prone to huge shock when changing environments and a move to a new home may stress them.
Like any other delicate item, plants also require special attention and handling when moving house. If necessary consult with professionals whether you should move your plants or leave them behind if they are not likely to survive the trip.
While weighing your options, take the following into account:
– If moving long distance across state lines, you need to be aware of the federal regulations and possible restrictions of the state you are moving to. So, before you decide to move them, find out which species are allowed into your new country/state.
– Local household moves allow you to transport plants on your own. Get some sturdy cardboard boxes and a lot of cushioning material that will prevent pots from shifting inside the box. While in transit avoid exposing your plants to the direct sunlight.
– No matter how much you want to move your precious plants, sometimes they will be better off in someone else’s home than moved long distance.
– Are climate conditions in the area you are about to move favorable for your plants? Also, bear in mind that the season when you move plants does matter as well. Early spring or late autumn are the most convenient period for moving your plants long distance. Extreme temperature differences may be fatal for your leafy friends, so think twice before you hit the road toward your new home with the car full of household plants.
– Due to their delicacy, plants are likely to suffer during the move and you should know that movers are not to be accountable for the damage caused during the move. As a matter of fact, regardless of their experience and reputation, some moving companies won’t even allow plants in the moving truck. They may refuse to transport your plants unless your new residence is only a short distance away.
– If you are moving in the cold weather, keep a constant temperature in your car so as to make the least shocking environment for them.
– As soon as you reach your new home take your plants out of the moving boxes, remove the plastic and water them if necessary. If your plants need transplanting, allow them a couple of weeks to adjust after the relocation before you move them to another pot.
Having decided to move to a new home, probably the first thought that crosses your mind is how to move your major appliances to a new home. As soon as you decide which appliances are worth moving and which of them should be left behind, you can immediately get to work and plan the entire process. Outdated appliances that can be easily replaced after the move is completed are certainly not worth the moving costs and effort.
– Look for specific moving instructions in the manufacturer’s manual if you are not sure as to how to prepare certain appliances for the relocation.
– Gather proper equipment so as to ensure a safe and stress-free experience:
– Once you establish that your new home can accommodate large household appliances, make sure to prepare them properly.
– Unplug the fridge at least 24 hours before the moving day.
– Afterwards, empty its contents and remove all food supplies, since your movers will refuse to move perishables.
– Also, secure all removable parts so as to prevent them from shifting while in transit.
– Clean your fridge inside and out and let it dry out completely so as to keep mildew and unpleasant odors at bay.
– Use a rope or packing tape to secure the door during transport.
– Secure power cords so that they cannot come loose during the transport and jeopardize the moving process.
– Fasten your fridge to the moving dolly and always keep it in upright position.
– Enlist help, since you won’t be able to move large household appliances yourself. An extra pair of hands may go a long way towards handling large and heavy appliances on moving day. Professional movers will provide the most reliable assistance, but whether you are going to hire a moving company depends also on your moving budget.
– Moving heavy objects may cause serious damage to your floors and walls, so make sure to put a layer of protective covering on the route where you will be moving the appliances. There’s an endless number of reasons why you should make safety your top priority when moving house and your precious possessions.
Keeping your high-value items safe on the day of the move to a new home is one of the most important things to consider when you are facing an arduous household relocation. Moving paintings, antiques, valuable collections is a bit more challenging than moving regular household stuff.
– Keep track of your valuables through the inventory list that you’ve previously made. It’s highly recommended to take a few pictures of your valuables just to be able to document their condition if anything gets damaged throughout the moving process. Your valuables will be better off with professionals, so research affordable moving companies to get a clear idea of how much they usually charge for this kind of services. Moving companies that specialize in moving artwork and antiques might be a good choice.
Online reviews and ratings may help you identify reliable and experienced companies that will make sure your delicate collections of artwork are taken care of in an efficient manner.
– In case your homeowner’s insurance doesn’t provide an adequate coverage for your valuables, consider purchasing an extra moving insurance to ensure your peace of mind. Unfortunately, no matter how professional and careful your movers are, accidents do happen and a few safety measures can go a long way towards keeping your precious artwork safe and intact.
– Invest in quality packing supplies, specialty moving boxes and wooden crates. Use a lot of packing paper, bubble wrap and other cushioning material to pack your valuables tightly and prevent them from shifting inside the box. Always reinforce the bottom of the box so that it can hold the weight of your treasured possessions.
– Label moving boxes according to the content. Mark them properly so that your movers and helpers know that those boxes require special handling and attention. Also, point out where each box belongs, so that they end up in the right room after being unloaded from the moving truck.
Moving an aquarium full of lovely fishes to another location takes time and thorough planning and if you’ve decided to move it with you, make sure to follow these safety steps in order to ensure smooth transition, since it can be a rather difficult task.
When trying to figure out how the move will affect your silent little friends, bear in mind that the change of environment may considerably stress them out. Therefore, if you are moving long distance, the best option would be to give your fishes to a friend who would be able to take care of them properly.
– Your fish tank should be among the last things you are going to pack.
– Collect several clean mobile containers that can safely accommodate your fishes while in transit. In order to preserve the original habitat for your delicate friends, make sure the mobile containers are full of water drained from the aquarium.
– Since fishes are very sensitive to the change of environment, try to keep them in their fish tank as long as you can.
– Don’t feed your fishes at least one day before moving day.
– Prepare a temporary accommodation for the decorative items, rocks and plants from the aquarium and make sure they can make it to the new residence.
– Filters, heaters, pumps and other elements should be packed separately once you start disassembling the tank.
– Having determined the right place for the aquarium in your new home, have it set up as soon as you move in so that your fishes may get back to the regular surroundings. If you have any concerns regarding your pets’ post-relocation well-being, find the nearest pet store where you can get all necessary instructions.
Hopefully our list of most difficult things to move to a new home will provide helpful guidelines and relocation tips on how to prepare adequately for all moving challenges that you may incur.
Experience the peace of mind that comes from working with a trusted, affordable moving service. Our team of dedicated movers is committed to providing excellent customer service and making sure your items arrive in the same condition they were in before the move. We work hard to ensure that your move is as stress-free as possible and that your possessions are handled with the utmost care. With our competitive prices and commitment to customer satisfaction, you can be sure that your move will be an enjoyable and successful experience.