When thinking about the possible move, everyone counts on having enough time to organize the whole process thoroughly. Unfortunately, there are times when things do not go the way you want them to.
Moving in a hurry is never a pleasant experience. Sometimes you have to move out on short notice due to a new job opportunity, end of the lease or problems with the landlord.
The pressure to move quickly may increase the amount of stress. However, moving under such circumstances is feasible with an efficient strategy and packing and moving plan. Although there is a lot of pressure on everyone involved to find a new place, hire reputable movers without spending too much money and eventually move out, you need to stay organized as much as you can throughout the moving process.
– Start with moving preparations as soon as you find out about the move.
– Consider hiring a real estate agent to help you find the most suitable apartment or house.
– Make moving checklist and try to stick to it.
– Create a moving budget and know your possibilities.
– Consider having full service movers. Due to the limited time you might not be able to pack all the items properly, so have professional movers and packers help you out. In most cases packing takes much longer than you have expected, so an extra pair of hands will be very much appreciated.
– Contact several moving companies and inquire about the quotes. Eventually choose the best offer and a moving company with a lot of experience.
– If you are moving on a tight budget, have your friends help you instead of hiring full service movers.
– Search for free moving boxes. Pay a visit to the nearest grocery store, liquor store, restaurant, bookstore and ask when you can pick up empty cardboard moving boxes. If you can afford it, purchase moving containers from a moving company.
– Get other moving supplies like packing tape, bubble wrap, furniture pads, permanent markers, furniture dolly,…
– Protect your breakables and other delicate items.
– Make sure you personally transport the valuables and documents.
– Label each box properly so that your movers and helpers know how to handle them.
– Try not to overpack the boxes. Think about the people who will carry them.
– Do not pack what movers will refuse to transport – hazardous materials, perishables, plants,… Ask your movers what the non-allowables are.
– If you are moving long-distance with a pet, explore all your options, since your movers won’t be able to transport it.
– Declutter. In case you are downsizing, you will need to leave behind some items. Go through your belongings, give away, donate or sell usable things that you no longer need or throw away and recycle damaged, unusable things.
– Your new apartment might need some repair works which cannot be completed within a few days, so consider renting a storage unit that can accommodate some of your items until your new home is ready.
– Do not leave the house before cleaning it. Whether you are the owner or just a renter you should maintain it properly and make it look attractive to the new buyers or renters.
– Arrange the paperwork. Let your utility provider know when you are going to cancel utility services in the current house and arrange the date when you will have them set up in the new house.
– Inform all third party services about your new address.
– Pack essentials box with all the items you are going to need on the moving day and during the first few days before you finish unpacking.
– Don’t panic – trustworthy movers will keep the relocation process on the track and your belongings will reach the new location safe and sound.
Experience the peace of mind that comes from working with a trusted, affordable moving service. Our team of dedicated movers is committed to providing excellent customer service and making sure your items arrive in the same condition they were in before the move. We work hard to ensure that your move is as stress-free as possible and that your possessions are handled with the utmost care. With our competitive prices and commitment to customer satisfaction, you can be sure that your move will be an enjoyable and successful experience.