Are you considering to pay for professional moving assistance? If you are moving to New York or moving out of the city, you should know which costs to expect. Here are some basic facts about the moving quotes NYC.
What are the moving quotes?
Hiring a moving company can cost a lot of money, especially if you don’t know how to compare moving quotes NYC. To save money when hiring professional movers, first, you must understand what a moving quote is.
During the initial talk with a moving company, the movers will ask you for a lot of information. First of all, the distance of your move will be one of the main factors that will form the price. After knowing the distance of your move, a good moving company like Dumbo Moving and Storage NYC will make sure to do the estimate of the inventory that needs to be relocated. When calculating the overall costs of your move, all the factors like distance, size of the inventory and special requirements need to be included.
Moving quotes NYC are the estimated price of your upcoming relocation given by the experts from a moving company. Before you hire a moving service, a reliable moving company will advise you to calculate the estimated value of your belongings so they can give you an accurate moving quote. After considering all the factors, your movers will offer you an estimated cost of your move. Of course, you can choose among many moving services, depending on your needs.
What types of moving quotes can you get?
There are many different types of moving quotes NYC. Some moving quotes can be changed, while others are fixed. Depending on the deal you have with a moving company, you can choose between these three types of moving estimates:
Binding moving estimate
This type of moving quote is the best for less complicated moves. For example, if you are moving locally and you don’t have any specific requirements, you should ask for (and get) a binding moving quote. This type of moving estimate has a fixed price and movers shouldn’t change it during and after the moving process. If you want to hire flat rate movers in New York, this is the moving quote you will get. The best part of getting a binding moving estimate is that you will not have to pay for any additional costs in the end.
Non-binding moving estimate
When it comes to complicated moves, long distance relocations, and additional moving services, a non-binding moving estimate is a solution. These types of moving quotes NYC don’t have a fixed price since the moving service you pay for can change during relocation. In case your movers can roughly estimate the size of your move, they will most likely offer you a non-binding moving quote. In case this is the moving quote you get, be careful when signing the contract. Your movers can exceed only around 10% of the price they initially offered.
Binding-not-to-exceed moving estimate
Just like binding moving quotes NYC, this type of a moving quote should help you pay too much money for moving services. Moreover, you can actually pay less for the moving service than it was estimated. That will happen if your inventory is smaller and lighter than in the initial calculation.
Factors that will affect the cost of your move
When it comes to getting accurate moving quotes NYC, you should know the factors that might affect the cost. Here is the list of factors that will decide on the overall cost of your relocation.
- The distance of your move. Moving locally, interstate or overseas doesn’t cost the same. Some moving companies offer fixed prices for certain moving distances.
- Weight and size of your inventory. Depending on the type of inventory you need to move, your movers can offer you various types of moving quotes NYC. Make sure to calculate the size of it before contacting movers.
- Additional moving services. If you are moving from a building without an elevator, your movers might have a tough time carrying the load. Additional services like packing, handling valuable items and managing different physical obstacles might cost you extra money.
- The number of workers needed for the job. You might think that your 2-bedroom apartment is not too hard to relocate. However, if you need to move heavy furniture pieces, your moving company will let you know how many workers will come to do the job.
- Timing of your move. Moving during the season and moving offseason will not cost you the same. If you can choose the timing of your move, you better choose fall or winter. That is the time of the year when moving services can cost significantly less.
How to choose between different moving quotes NYC?
With so many moving companies online, it might be hard choosing the best one for your relocation. Luckily, there are easy ways for you to check how much your move will cost. Some of the most reliable moving companies offer the instant moving cost estimator on their websites. Just by filling the calculator with the basic facts about your move, you can easily calculate your costs.
Choosing the best one among many moving quotes in NYC is all about being ready for the move. If you know all the details of your relocation, start contacting different moving companies as soon as you can. By comparing two or more moving quotes NYC, you’ll get a better chance of planning your moving budget and save some money while moving.