With the moving day just around the corner, you are aware that after weeks of planning and organizing the moving adventure is about to start. The moment you’ve been anticipating for so long is getting closer, you will finally settle into your new home and have a fresh start that you’ve always wanted. But, in the meantime, you will have to go through and overcome all moving day challenges and potential difficulties. No one said that planning a household move is an easy task, but if you engage your organizational skills and all available resources you may have a smooth moving day.
If the upcoming moving day is stressing you out, consider hiring professional movers NYC who will take care of the relocation in an efficient and timely manner. Leaving daunting planning and heavy lifting to the professionals is the best thing you can do in order to make this move less stressful on you and your family.
If you are not experienced in moving homes, you could certainly use a professional moving assistance. However, even if you decide to hire movers, you need to follow all safety steps so as to make a good choice. Unfortunately, there are a lot of fraudulent moving companies operating around NYC and if you are not careful enough you can easily become victim of rogue movers. Although you are going to entrust a great deal of moving tasks and responsibilities to your movers, there are certain activities that should be performed in advance and it’s up to you to tackle them one at a time.
– Plan your moving day schedule in advance and stick to it as much as possible. Timely and accurate preparation may go a long way toward having a successful moving day.
– An efficient floor plan will save you a lot of time and energy and keep confusion at bay when it comes to unloading moving boxes and placing them into the designated rooms.
– Inspect the whole house once again so as to make sure that you haven’t left anything behind.
– If you have agreed to have your fragile and valuable items packed by professionals, don’t try to pack them on your own.
– Make sure both your current home and the new one are clean and clutter-free. Even if you don’t like the house you are about to move out from, you should leave it in good condition for the next resident.
– Hire a babysitter or ask your friends/neighbors to take care of your kids and pets on moving day. A barking dog or a crying toddler can be a distraction on the day of the move, so make sure you keep them safe elsewhere. That way it will be easier for you to focus on duties and responsibilities from the moving day checklist.
– Organize a parking spot for the moving truck. If a special permit is needed, make sure you get it before the moving day.
– If you happen to move during the winter, keep driveway and paths clear of snow and ice. Also, double-check traffic and weather reports so as to know what to expect while on the road, whether there will be some major delays or inconveniences.
– Prepare drinks, snacks and tips for your movers. If you are satisfied with the dedication and hard-work your movers showed, reward them once the move is completed.
It goes without saying that taking good care of yourself on the day of the move should be one of your top priorities. Appropriate clothes and comfortable shoes may keep you safe and uninjured throughout the process. Also, both of your homes deserve your full attention. The fact that you are moving out doesn’t mean that you are allowed to leave it in a poor condition.
– Protect floors and fixtures. Although you are about to leave your old home, treat it with care and respect, since it will become someone else’s home soon. Use moving blankets and cardboard sheets to keep your hardwood floor undamaged in spite of a lot of foot traffic on moving day.
– Purchase plastic carpet film protectors to keep your carpeted floor safe and clean.
– Doorways and walls are likely to get damaged, so make sure to properly protect them with moving padding so as to keep scratches and dents at bay.
Although you’ve put a lot of effort and energy into preparing for the big day, as it turns out, things may not go as planned. Even if you plan your big household move months in advance, something can go wrong on the day of the move. Being aware of possible difficulties and unexpected circumstances that may occur on moving day, you will be better prepared for them and therefore handle them more efficiently.
– Movers or helpers didn’t show up on time.
If you don’t have much experience in moving house, online rates and reviews may help you choose a reputable and trustworthy moving company.
– Failing to understand the importance of an efficient labeling system.
Unlabeled moving boxes may create additional confusion when your movers realize that they do not know where non-labeled boxes belong.
– Disregarding moving day safety tips may result and serious health issues and a lot of damaged goods.
– Realizing that you have more boxes than planned may lead to some unexpected additional expenses.
– Failing to arrange for a parking spot in advance may result in further complications and waste of time.
– Experiencing unexpected weather changes may cause some delays, so make sure to check weather forecast prior to the moving day.
– Realizing that you should’ve bought an appropriate insurance in order to have your items covered while in transit.
– Forgetting to arrange care for your children and pets and to keep them away from moving affairs.
– Forgetting to have the utilities in your new house switched on.
– Failing to keep calm and smile is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Maintain a positive and optimistic attitude even during the most challenging moments on moving day.
Experience the peace of mind that comes from working with a trusted, affordable moving service. Our team of dedicated movers is committed to providing excellent customer service and making sure your items arrive in the same condition they were in before the move. We work hard to ensure that your move is as stress-free as possible and that your possessions are handled with the utmost care. With our competitive prices and commitment to customer satisfaction, you can be sure that your move will be an enjoyable and successful experience.