That packing is the most tedious and annoying part of relocation is no secret. People usually dread having to pack up their entire homes, or businesses, only to unpack them and repeat the whole process at a new location. When you take into account that for successful packing, having quality moving supplies NYC is a must, you quickly realize that you will have to become more than just a packing pro – you will need to be a shopping expert, as well. But not if you give Dumbo Moving and Storage NYC a call. Whether you decide to hire our residential or commercial movers and allow them to provide you with a hand with packing, you will be gifted with the highest quality packing supplies NYC you could only wish for. Interested to know more?
Dumbo Moving and Storage NYC offers relocation assistance that knows no limits
As a reputable moving company in NYC, Dumbo Moving and Storage is truly a testament to the famous Franklin’s quote ‘from rags to riches.’ With rather humble beginnings, we have managed to amaze the residents of the Big Apple with our top-notch services. Our local NYC movers have collected plenty of awards and accolades over the years. It was our readiness to help you with all moving-related tasks that set us apart from the other professionals in the area. When we say that we are more than well equipped for the job in front, we mean it. A large portion of that equipment is related to our packing supplies in NYC.
Our moving supplies NYC are of the highest quality
Saying that these days scammers are everywhere would be an understatement. That’s something we all know too well. It goes without saying that you could attempt to buy packing supplies by yourself. But, no one can guarantee that you won’t become a victim of a con artist. On the other hand, when you opt to buy moving materials with a company as reputable as we are, you are running zero risks.
In our midst, you will find the best of the best. Here, you can find the best movers, services, prices, and indeed the best packing supplies in New York City. Dumbo Moving and Storage NYC went out of its way to ensure our cardboard boxes are sturdy, and that our moving straps are indestructible. There is no reason to worry about your paper files or your boxes falling out a box once it rips. That won’t happen after hiring us!
Versatility is the name of the game
At Dumbo Moving and Storage NYC, we believe in versatility. That’s why we have so many services to help you before, during, and after your relocation. That doesn’t change when it comes to our moving supplies NYC. Whether you need small, medium or large boxes, rest assured we will be able to provide them for you. With us, neither the quality nor the quantity will be the problem. You order, and we deliver as many boxes as you need. All the while guaranteeing satisfaction.
You will be able to find all kinds of supplies
Don’t be too quick to think that with us you can get moving boxes only. That couldn’t be further from the truth. With our team, you will not only get packing boxes but every other supply necessary for this task in front of you. From dollies, packing tape, and markers to moving straps and plastic bins, all you have to do is place your order! We will arrive swiftly, and we won’t come alone.
Unmatched packing assistance that comes with our moving supplies in NYC
One thing you should know about our company is that we have employed only the most competent movers. Those same movers are not only experts in physical tasks, otherwise known as loading and unloading. They are also superb packers, who know how to handle even the most fragile objects. From breakable items to robust furniture, nothing possesses an obstacle for our packers. And that is what you get when hiring Dumbo Moving and Storage NYC – high quality of moving services NYC that meets experience and comes coupled with affordable prices. Moving and packing supplies in combination with professional packers will make your relocation completely stress-free.
Benefits of hiring professional movers NYC
- Save money – Although at first it may seem that hiring movers is an expensive endeavor, it actually often turns out to be a cheaper option. When you are doing a DIY move, unless you have tons of experience, you can make miscalculations at every step. How much gas you will need, what is the safest and shortest route to take, how many moving boxes and other supplies to get are just some of the questions you have to answer. On the other hand, when you hire reputable movers, they are trained to provide you with the best possible solutions.
- Insurance – Your grandmother`s fine china deserves only the best and you know it. Packing, transportation, and finally unpacking the items poses a threat and any of these processes can lead to their damage or loss. Hiring great movers will reduce the risk of this happening down to a bare minimum. However, in case something does happen, you will have moving insurance coverage for the damage or loss of your items.
- Free time – Packers and movers can do anything on your behalf. They can bring you the highest quality moving and packing supplies and pack all of your items. And all of this in a day or two. Did you know that movers can pack around one hundred boxes in a single day? You have to admit that they can do a lot, while you don`t have to lift a finger at all.
- Avoid moving injuries – With good moving and packing supplies and great movers you reduce the risk of moving injuries. Proper lifting techniques, sturdy moving boxes, high-quality moving blankets, efficient labeling system, all lead to a relocation without a single moving injury. Why risk hurting your back, ankles, or simply having a headache when you avoid it all and relocate stress-free?
How to achieve a successful residential relocation?
When planning a household move, you should give yourself enough time to organize it accurately, especially if you are doing all the packing. To have a stress-free moving experience, you can hire full-service movers and have them take care of the transport and other critical moving-related tasks. If you decide to go for the full-service movers, rest assured that they will do all the packing and unpacking smoothly and make your transition as stress-free as possible.
De-clutter by removing the excess items…
When preparing for the big move you can’t help but wonder where to start. Purging your home could be a good starting point. Some items are just not worth moving since you don’t need or use them anymore. Also, transporting certain items may cost you more than purchasing the new ones, so let go of your emotional attachment to household goods. Besides, you will undoubtedly have enough expenses, and moving supplies NYC are just one of them. There’s no need to bring emotional clutter with you. You will be better off having a clean slate at your new home surrounded by the things that you need.
If you don`t know what you can or should do with the items you no longer need, simply sell them or donate them. In a single yard sale, you will earn some money that you can use for relocation purposes. Also, if you decide to donate the clothes, furniture, books, or other items you own, charities will be grateful and you will be happier.
…or by looking for storage solutions!
Storage is a perfect solution for the household items that you might need in the future. If you are organizing a short-term relocation and you are confident that you will get back to your hometown at some point, moving everything you own is just pointless. Your bulky furniture, electronics, and household appliances will be appropriately packed, protected and kept in a safe NYC storage facility until you need them again and get back for them.
No matter how you decide to deal with your household items, a proper packing technique is crucial whether you are going to store or move your household items. If you somehow end up packing your entire household yourself, you should follow specific steps and take all necessary measures to keep your things safe during the relocation process.
Tips for DIY packing
- Start early and stick to a moving checklist. The sooner you start, the sooner you will realize what needs to be packed and left out. Give yourself enough time to organize the packing at your own pace. Leaving things to the last minute will generate lots of unnecessary stress and tension. Remember that you will have to gather the necessary moving supplies NYC, so don’t put off work.
- Make an inventory of all household goods and decide what should be left out. Not each item you have should be moved to your new home. And remember, the more items you move, the more you will be charged for packing and transportation services.
- Collect packing supplies. A household move can be costly, so you should know that there are ways to get free packing supplies in any local liquor store, restaurant, bookstore, grocery store. Reusing free moving boxes will save you a lot of money and protect the environment as well. There are a lot of ideas on where to find free cardboard boxes; you just need to be resourceful enough and look at the right places. The Craigslist is also a great way to find moving boxes and other moving and packing supplies completely for free. Of course, you can ask your friends and family members who have recently moved to give you their supplies, as they won`t need them anymore.
- Get different sizes of moving boxes. You will also need sturdy and specialty moving containers for some delicate and fragile items as well as other packing supplies like padding material, bubble wrap, cushioning material, newspapers, packing tape, markers,… Also, if you are moving on a tight budget, you can use old towels and clothes for padding.
- Get specialty wardrobe boxes. You can easily replace your hanging clothes into the box and repeat the procedure once you start unpacking.
- Involve as many family members as possible. Even your children can participate in the packing process by sorting and packing their toys or clothes. Also, you will need stronger helpers for moving large and bulky items like a piano, king-size bed, fridge,…Alternatively, professional packers may complete the task quickly and cautiously, while you are taking care of other moving-related tasks.
- Keep in mind that certain items are hazardous and they shouldn’t be packed with other household items. Movers will refuse to move items that are not safe for transport, so you need to find a way to dispose of them properly according to the local regulation and law. The list of non-allowable: car batteries, chemicals, fire extinguisher, firework, fuel, weapon, pain, oil, pesticides,…
- Pack one room at a time. Bouncing around the house and trying to multi-task won’t work. You may start with the place which seems most challenging. You should also pack the items you don`t use on a daily basis first. So, packing the attic and your garage among the first rooms is a great way to start. Books, tools, toys, seasonal clothing, and fine china should be the very next items you pack.
- Prepare essentials box containing the items that you may need during the next couple of days (clean towels, clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, your children’s favorite toys, and blanket,…). Keep that box always handy and don’t mix it with other moving boxes.
- If some pieces of furniture need to be disassembled make sure you memorize all the steps so that you can reassemble them easily once you reach your new home. Take photos of the process, if necessary.
- Label your boxes properly so that your movers or helpers know their content and where each of them belongs. You can download labels online for free, or you can use a waterproof marker and label the boxes in that way. With boxes containing fragile items, make sure that you label the box on at least three sides.
- Pay special attention when packing fragile items like glassware, china, electronics, antiques, collectibles,…If you are not sure how to do it, contact professional packers and ensure your peace of mind. Immobilize your items inside the box by filling a space with the cushioning material.
- Bulky items should be packed in small moving boxes, while large boxes are used for packing light possessions. No matter how durable they seem, always reinforce the bottom with the packing tape.
- Overpacked moving boxes may cause several difficulties for the movers.
- Make other rooms easily accessible by placing already packed boxes in a room designated to accommodate moving boxes ready to be taken away.
Professional packing and moving services
Full packing services mean that professionals will take care of all the packing and unpacking, while you are free to deal with other moving-related tasks. Moving house includes a lot of paperwork, especially moving to another country, so you need to prepare each document before the moving day. Professional packers are very systematic, and they will arrange the moving boxes to make unpacking more manageable and you can rest assured that they will do it efficiently and quickly.
Packing each room separately
How to pack your kitchen
Some people think that the kitchen is the most complicated room to pack for the move. The rule of thumb – declutter – applies to each moving situation in general. The fewer items you move, the less time and money you will spend. Therefore, sort through each cupboard and drawer, sort through your kitchen items and decide what you will keep and leave behind.
- Prepare small, medium and large cardboard boxes, heavy-duty boxes, cell boxes, packing paper, packing tape, markers, and labels. All the moving supplies NYC will be necessary for this one.
- Firstly, pack items that you don’t frequently use like special utensils and dishes, crystal glasses and bowls, wine glasses,…
- Use cell boxes for packing glasses.
- Set aside a couple of plates, glasses and at least one pot for an essentials box.
- Use or dispose of the content of your fridge since NYC movers usually refuse to move perishables.
- Inspect your pantry and decide what should be moved.
- Consult the manuals and prepare all kitchen appliances in advance.
How to move a bedroom
- Gather all necessary moving supplies NYC – moving boxes, wardrobe boxes, trash bags, bubble wrap, markers, labels.
- Wardrobe moving boxes are very convenient for hanging clothes due to the metal bar inserted on the top of the box.
- Before you start packing, sort through your clothes and purge. Not each piece of clothing should be moved to your new place. Donate, sell or throw away unused, unwanted or old clothes.
- Your essentials box should contain clothes you and your family may need during the next couple of days.
- Breakable items like lamps, photo frames, paintings should be packed carefully and protected with a lot of bubble wrap.
How to pack a bathroom
Although it seems small, packing an entire bathroom may take a while, and it will also require the most high quality packing supplies NYC.
- Check the expiry date of your toiletries and medicine and make sure none of the bottles leak, especially when it comes to transporting cleaning supplies. Medication should be packed in a separate box.
- Movers will refuse to transport hazardous materials, so make sure to dispose of them properly.
- Use bubble wrap to protect delicate and breakable items. Do not stack other boxes on top of the boxes marked as fragile.
- Packed boxes shouldn’t weigh too much. Distribute the items reasonably and pack heavy items in small moving boxes. Moving and packing supplies NYC give you plenty of choice when it comes to the sizes of moving boxes, so make sure to pack lighter items in bigger boxes.
Hire us and get rid of all the moving stress and anxiety!
There is no need to let your relocation be a hellish experience. And there is certainly no need to pack and shop for packing supplies NYC on your own. Instead, get in touch with us, and let us provide you with everything you need. When you hire Dumbo Moving and Storage NYC, you have more than just our word testifying to our excellent reputation. You have the experience of thousands of other New Yorkers who have made the best decision of entrusting us with what matters most – their family and their future happiness. Rest assured we will know how to appreciate the trust you give us!