Spring cleaning is a task no man or woman is thrilled about, but it is a necessary step for keeping your household well-maintained and organized.
The list of spring cleaning tasks is really long, but good organization and efficiency will help you complete each of them successfully.
Spring cleaning checklist
– Do not ignore the fact that your home needs deep cleaning. Avoid procrastinating. Pick the day when you will start your big mission without postponing it for even a day. Make sure other family members are also available and willing to help.
– Spring cleaning is not an activity anyone is looking forward to, but it is not a torture either. Consider it as an activity that will keep the family together. You may spend some quality time cleaning and rearranging your home with other family members. Cleaning and purging won’t seem so daunting and boring if you do it with your loved ones. Afterwards, you can reward yourselves with a nice dinner or movie.
– Have your children help you. Assign them age-appropriate chores, so that they feel needed and satisfied because they are helping. Help your children develop a sense of responsibility early.
– Listen to your favorite music while you are cleaning up. Your favorite playlist will help you get through this task.
– Get all necessary cleaning supplies.
– Purge your home. Spring cleaning is a perfect opportunity to decide what to do with the items you no longer use or need. Consider selling, donating to charity or recycling old appliances, furniture, tools,… Contact the local recycling center and get more information on how to recycle old, unused household belongings. Instead of moving your household items from one corner to another, arrange them and give them a totally new purpose.
– Get a new perspective on working out: instead of going to the gym, try other workout options like sweeping, vacuuming and mopping the floors.
– Clean one room at a time in order to obtain efficient results. Focus on one section until it is spotless.
– Some rooms need more attention than others, so:
– Remove grime and grease from the kitchen cabinets.
– Clean and rearrange your pantry.
– Remove bathroom mold.
– Clean your kitchen appliances inside and out, especially the microwave, oven and fridge,… In order to clean it completely, defrost the fridge if necessary.
– Organize your wardrobe. Probably you will come across some clothing and accessories you no longer need or like. Freshen your wardrobe and make more room by donating or selling unnecessary items.
– Wash your pillows and duvet and vacuum the mattress carefully.
– Dust lamps, lampshades and light fixtures, as well as figurines and antiques.
– Disinfect your washing machine.
– Make your steel surface and items shiny again.
– Remove stains and fingerprints from the walls and clean ceramic tiles in the kitchen and bathroom.
– Clean your bookshelves, dust and rearrange books.
– Wipe down your outdoor furniture and make sure to use it only when it is completely dry.
– Empty each drawer and cabinet, clean them and place clean items back carefully.
– Sort through your photos, CDs, paperwork.
– Sweep the porch and balcony and put a new welcome mat.
– Sweep stairs.
– Clean the windows inside and out thoroughly.
– Vacuum each corner thoroughly and have your carpets professionally cleaned. End this cleaning experience cleaning and mopping the floors.
– Do not skip your meals and stay hydrated all along. Also, try not to overload yourself with chores.
– If all of these tasks seem too demanding for you, contact professional cleaning services and have everything sorted out in no time.
Bringing this spring cleaning to an end is a significant accomplishment for everyone involved. Now that your place is clean and tidy you can reward yourself with some new pieces of furniture or appliances. Organize a movie night or go out and grab a dinner with friends and family members who were helping your with the chores.