Spring is a perfect period for making major decisions and introducing some changes in your life. After the winter inactivity, spring gives you an opportunity to get back to the active life and fulfill some of the previously planned tasks. Moving house is one of the most important life-changing decisions you can make. Springtime is the season of growth, no wonder the housing market starts to bloom at that time.
Tips for the spring move
– Spring is a season of new beginnings and moving house is certainly a good one. Before putting your property on the market, purge it of all unwanted possessions. The items you haven’t been using for ages aren’t worth moving to a new home. Don’t get too attached to your possessions and get rid of everything you are not likely to use in the future. After all, the less items you move, the less you will pay for the transport and packing supplies.
– Your property may have suffered some damage during the winter, so make sure you do maintenance or repair work before selling it. Clean the home thoroughly and make it presentable for possible future buyers. First impression counts, so do anything you can to make possible buyers like the house. Invest some time, money and effort to fix broken items, mow the lawns, weed the flower beds, water the plants, repaint the old gate or door,…
– Having a flexible schedule, you are free to set the moving date any time you want. It is much easier to get an excellent moving service at a convenient cost during the springtime. At that time moving companies are not overbooked and they do not charge the highest rates. However, certain times should be avoided – weekends, beginning of a month, summer peak season,…
– Not having a flexible schedule means that there are a lot of factors to consider when picking a moving date – your and your partner’s work schedule, children’s school schedule, finances,… It is advisable to organize the move and set the moving date according to the children’s school calendar, since they are likely to get very sensitive during the moving process. The ideal would be to move during the summertime once the school year is over. If the relocation can’t wait until the end of the school year, consider moving house over the Easter holidays, so that your kids have enough time to settle into the new home and adjust to the new environment. Maintaining their routine means sticking to the school calendar, so avoid any major disruptions of their schedule. If possible, allow your kids some time to adapt to the idea of leaving the neighborhood, friends, school,… Moving during the holidays is emotionally difficult task, since this is the time when friends and family get together to spend some quality time.
– Spring provides mostly favorable weather conditions for your move. Some severe climate changes may damage your goods, especially wooden or plastic ones. Spring typically puts an end to a cold weather. Furthermore, if you are moving with high quality moving company, they will certainly know how to handle your items even in case of excessive rain fall or storms.
– Since spring is a beginning of a very busy moving season, consider booking the moving company as early as possible. Also, sort out your finances and decide whether you will need to apply for a loan or credit. Create a moving budget so that you can be fully aware of all possible moving costs. Research moving companies thoroughly, get several quotes, compare them and choose one that works best for you. It is extremely important to assess moving companies carefully and choose wisely movers who will handle all your household items.