Due to its particular shape and weight, piano is one of the most difficult items to handle when you are moving house. Moving a piano is not nearly like moving any other piece of furniture. You need to take care of each component so as to keep your valuable and expensive piano safe during the relocation process. Also, given its weight, you should think twice if you consider moving it yourself. Although reducing moving costs seems so appealing, DIY move may cost you even more eventually.
Hiring piano moving company
Moving a piano successfully takes more than a plain manpower. Getting as many assistants as you can is essential, but they should be properly equipped and trained for this kind of job so as to avoid some serious injuries. Therefore, by using moving dollies and special board your NYC movers will make sure that your piano gets to the new destination safe and sound. Lifting heavy items is always tricky and incorrect managing can be dangerous for your health, so hiring professional piano moving company would be the best thing to do. They will certainly know how to minimize the risk of damage.
Provided that you can afford it, hiring best nyc moving companies that are experienced in moving pianos is the most convenient thing to do.
Also, replacing any of the components or the whole piano due to the damage is much more expensive than hiring professional movers to take care of it. Once you have your piano safely delivered you will realize that the investment was worthwhile.
How to choose reputable piano moving company
– Local piano teachers or vendors may be able to provide you with some referrals.
– Doing a background check on your prospective piano moving company will help you identify reputable movers and keep you away from the fraudulent companies as well.
– Reputable movers will gladly provide you with their license, insurance and USDOT number.
– When you get in touch with the moving company, find out whether you need to purchase an additional insurance or your homeowner’s one will suffice. Make sure your valuable piano is fully covered in case of any damage during the relocation process.
– The chosen piano moving company should provide written moving estimate stating the exact costs and other terms of the move. The overall cost of piano moving services will be based on the size, weight, moving distance, date and time of the move, possible obstacles that may complicate the move as well as flight of stairs,… In order to get an accurate moving estimate you should provide your movers with the correct information or, even better, let them assess the piano themselves.
– Get in touch with the previous customers so as to find out whether they were satisfied with the service. Other people’s experience and testimonials may be really valuable during the selection process.
– Find out what you can do to make the process easier and less expensive if possible. The more tasks they have to complete, the more you will be charged. However, if you are hesitant whether to hire piano movers or not, just remember that they are specially trained for that and no one but them will be able to provide such a professional and reliable service.
Some pianos weigh more than 1000 pounds and deciding to move it yourself with a couple of friends would be just reckless. Bare in mind that not every household moving company is qualified to move pianos. Piano movers are specially trained and know how to disassemble, pack, protect, load and unload the instrument and you can rest assured that the task will be handled with the utmost care and precision.