Your household belongings have just been transported to your new home. Good job! It took a lot of time and effort to carry the moving project through , but your moving adventure is not nearly over.
Knowing that the last box is finally unloaded from the moving truck is a huge relief, but bare in mind that there are a lot of tasks ahead of you that should be completed before you can say that you have settled into your new home. Although you have done your best to get rid of all the clutter from your previous home, standing among the piles of used packing paper, cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and other packing materials can be a real headache.
It took you a lot of time to get moving boxes and other supplies, and now you will have to think of a way to get rid of them after everything’s unpacked. You won’t be able to arrange your new home and put everything in its place with all empty boxes and used packing supplies getting in your way all the time. However, there might be some great uses for your moving leftovers all around your home.
Avoid cluttering your new home with used cardboard boxes and and other packing supplies. Saving empty cardboard boxes for the next move is not so convenient due to insufficient space and it’s always a bad idea to keep useless packing materials in your home.
Instead of just throwing away used cardboard boxes, you can engage in some environmentally-friendly activities that will help you perform a greener move. Your reckless actions like throwing away used cardboard boxes may affect the environment negatively. Here we are offering some ideas on how to get rid of used moving boxes.
Tips for getting rid of packing materials after the move
– Re-purpose your moving boxes – use them as storage containers. Remember that sturdy cardboard boxes may come very handy if you are going to put some household goods in storage. However, numerous packing supplies in your new garage or basement will spread over your new place in a disorderly manner, which is pointless.
– Reuse the boxes if you think that they can survive another household move. If some of your friends are moving house any time soon they could use cardboard boxes in good condition. Also, use social networks to let other people know that you are giving away cardboard boxes.
– Keep custom made packaging just in case. Original packaging provides better protection than regular cardboard boxes and it is much more expensive, therefore you may want to save it for some other occasion. You never know when you may need them again.
– Use empty cardboard boxes for some entertaining projects for your kids. With a little imagination you can put your packing supplies to good use and have some fun with your little ones.
– If you opt for a more eco-friendly way to dispose of the moving ”leftovers” research local recycling centers. If there are no any recycling centers in your surroundings, contact the nearest facility where you can dispose of the used cardboard moving boxes. Put the recyclable materials aside and you may be expected to leave it at the designated place. Also, find out if recyclers have any special requirements. Furthermore, if you are relocating with the professional moving company, they will probably know what’s the most convenient way to get rid of no longer needed packing supplies.
– It goes without saying that used newsprint should be also recycled, since you can normally obtain it at a very low cost. On the other hand, you may consider saving bubble wrap for insulation or relaxing purposes.