Most people are terrified by the number of tasks that need to be accomplished before the moving day. For obvious reasons, moving is an inevitable process no one is looking forward to. However, an efficient organization can make the moving procedure much easier for you.
One of the most important tasks is certainly finding moving supplies. First of all, make sure to collect moving boxes in various sizes in order to protect your items the best way you can.
– Small boxes can be used for moving and storing some small or heavy items: CDs, books, smaller household items or tools. Also, small boxes are convenient for packing fragile items wrapped with paper. Books and paper are surprisingly heavy, so it is better to place them into small boxes so that your movers would be able to pick them up and move.
– Medium boxes are suitable for kitchen utensils, clothes, medium-sized household items.
– Large boxes are suitable for packing large but light items like linens, clothing, curtains, towels, sheets, lamps, plants,…However, large moving boxes are not to be overloaded. Just remember that someone will have to lift and transport them.
– Wardrobe boxes are very convenient for moving and storing hanging clothes. Your dresses, shirts and jackets are placed to the boxes directly from the wardrobe and once you reach your new home you just have to replace the clothing from wardrobe boxes to the closet.
Those boxes are equipped with handles, so lifting and moving them is much easier. Since wardrobe boxes are multifunctional, they can be used for storing out-of-season clothes.
If possible, you can make your own wardrobe boxes by inserting a metal or wooden bar on the top of a tall cardboard box.
Other than moving boxes, before even start packing you will have to get other moving supplies like: bubble wrap, packing tape, old newspapers, labels, markers, stretch wrap,…Only carefully wrapped and packed, your belongings will be transferred to your new place safe and sound. If this seems too complicated, have affordable professional movers do the job for you.
How to dispose of moving boxes once the move is over?
When you realize that the last moving box has been unloaded from the truck you will feel relieved, but still, there is a long way to go before you can even say that you have settled into your new house successfully. Once you unpack your possessions you will face a new problem – enormous number of used, empty cardboard boxes making a mess in your new house.
It took a lot of time and effort to get them, but now you have to find a way to get rid of them. The first idea that crosses everyone’s mind is probably to throw them away. But, is there maybe any other, more constructive way to get rid of them?
– Recycling would be more acceptable, eco-friendly way to dispose of moving boxes once you reach your new home. So, collect all recycling material, find out where the closest recycling center is and pay them a visit. If you are concerned with preserving the environment and natural resources, you can perform an ecological move using recyclable materials all along.
– In case you are sure that you won’t need moving boxes any time soon, give them away. A friend who is planning to move would put the boxes to good use. Alternatively, you can notify others via social networks that you are giving the boxes away. Just remember that you had really hard time getting those boxes and there’s is someone out there sharing your experience, who will appreciate your kind gesture.
– If you have plenty of boxes after the move, you may also consider selling them. There are moving companies seeking reusable moving boxes. Spread the word via social networks.
– It can be really difficult to find sturdy moving boxes. So, after all, you may want to keep them. If some of the boxes are reusable and in good condition, keep them for your next relocation (if you are expecting to move soon), provided that you have enough space in your garage or basement. Furthermore, they can be used for storing items you don’t need right now, like out-of-season clothes and shoes.