When on holiday you can’t seem to get enough of the sea and sun. With each passing day you find yourself falling more and more in love with the beautiful beach town and don’t feel like going back home at all.
But, what if that idyllic scenery became your reality? Moving to a beach town seems like a dream come true. You don’t need to plan your vacation any more – by living close to the beach you can have a vacation whenever you like. If you are sick and tired of all the hustle and bustle of the big city, it’s time for you to find a new place to your liking. If you are fond of spending time outdoors, on the beach or doing water sports you will certainly benefit a lot from moving to a beach town. Like any other decision, this one also has both positive and negative aspects. Sometimes it takes a lot of courage and determination to move with your family to another city. Make sure you are familiar with the following considerations before making the final decision.
Advantages of moving to a beach town
– Immersing yourself in a new culture will give you a totally new perspective. You have all the time in the world to explore new culture and environment and enjoy every part of it.
– Believe it or not, beautiful nature and breathtaking landscapes will become your reality. You can admire natural beauties not only during the peak season, but also during the off-season, since this period is usually peaceful.
– Once you get acquainted with your new surroundings, you will realize how blessed you are to have amazing beaches at your disposal long before the season starts officially.
– Various entertaining programs on the beach during the peak season is what makes the place so lively and amazing during the busiest period of the year.
– Moving to a beach town has a lot of positive effects both on your health and mood. A breath of fresh salt air will become your stress reliever.
– Your children will be spending more time outdoors and moving to a small beach town will be beneficial for them in so many different ways.
– Some peace and quiet will do you good. Even during the peak season, small beach towns are likely to be quieter than big cities.
– You will have to get used to the slower pace, which is why moving to a beach city is very convenient for retirees. Some of the most important factors to consider when choosing a place to retire: real estate costs, taxes, cost of living, proximity to medical facilities, climate, proximity to other family members, amenities,…
– Situated close to the beach, your home may become a gathering place for your friends who want to get away from the big city noise for a couple of days.
Disadvantages of moving to a small beach city
– For some people winter hibernation can be depressing. Spending days by the water and in the water, doing water sports, sunbathing are just some of the activities one can do during the summertime. But how to survive cold winter months? If you are creative and resourceful you will find a way to enjoy the winter sun and have fun.
– Since the place is overcrowded during the high season, you will have to make reservations for your favorite restaurants in advance. This inconvenience might bother people who would like to enjoy a slower lifestyle.
– High real estate prices may be one of the drawbacks as well. Properties situated close to the beach are typically more expensive and need a complete insurance.
– Beach town residents should be prepared for inclement weather and possible hurricanes, which may have devastating effects.