Whether you are moving house or business you really need to run a background check on the moving companies you are interested in. Reading moving companies reviews is just one way. Also, a reference is always helpful. A friend or relative who has moved house recently can share his/her experience with you and narrow down the choice.
Dumbo moving and storage is very proud to have plenty of positive NYC moving reviews and lots of satisfied customers. Many years of experience in the moving industry have made us one of the leading moving companies in New York. Dumbo moving and storage has earned customers’ trust during the years of loyal service, which is why it is among top-rated moving companies according to numerous moving reviews in NYC.
Checking the reputation of the moving company you are interested in is the first step toward successful move. If you don’t have other methods at your disposal (references, recommendations,…) the best way to check moving company’s reputation is via online reviews. Take into account other people’s experiences and look into the NYC movers‘ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Investigate the most common reasons why some companies have bad online reviews, while others have positive ones. This will help you identify some important standards and also help you make the right choices.
Are moving companies reviews helpful?
When you get in touch with the moving company it is extremely important to ask right questions. However, first-hand experience is significant source of information, so, whether your moving experience is positive or negative, make sure to share it, so that others can benefit from it.
Due to lack of personal recommendation, people usually turn to online resources and try to research moving companies on the internet. It’s moving companies reviews that will help them understand what it is like to work with some of them.
How to write a moving company review?
Once the moving process is over, you may want to write a review and help the other people who are about to move decide whether a particular moving company is right for them.
Here are some important aspects of writing a good review.
– Provide general information about the move. Let potential readers know the background of your moving situation, so that they can compare it with theirs. Include time (season, time of the month and week) and location (local or long distance move).
– Moving company’s communication skills. Were they polite and serious? Were they willing to answer all your questions and clarify your concerns? Did they provide detailed explanation of their services? Were additional costs pointed out? If you are satisfied with their customer service, mention it. If not, mention that as well and explain your attitude.
– Describe the services they provided. Did they stick to the agreement all along? Were they on time for all appointments? If they were late, did they bother to compensate somehow for lost time?
– Were there some unexpected situations? How did the movers handle them? Did you pay additionally for some services that were not previously included in the moving estimate like extra packing fees, appliance servicing fees, long carry fees, storage facilities,…
– Overall impression. Did everything go smoothly in the end? Are you satisfied with the outcome of the move? Would you hire them again or recommend them to a relative or friend?
When you decide to write a moving review try to point out elements that were particularly helpful while you were researching the moving companies online.
Depending on the service you have received, a straightforward review will reward the professional and reputable moving company or criticize the unprofessional ones. Your small contribution will mean a lot to the people who are going to move house.