Making the most of your time is an essential aspect of a household move. Saving time means saving yourself from additional stress and unnecessary moving expenses.
A household move requires a lot of effort, time and energy, so make sure you have an appropriate approach. The outcome of the move depends on how much time and energy you have invested in it.
Unless you have decided to move all of a sudden or you are forced to, the following tips may be helpful during the moving process.
Moving to a new house is a life-changing decision which needs your full attention and dedication.
– Create an efficient checklist in order to optimize your time. A detailed timeline, week-by-week plan will help you keep everything under control. Start preparing for the move as early as possible and stick to your schedule. Last-minute moves usually involve certain rush decisions, unnecessary stress and headaches. Luckily, there are some applications on the internet that could help you stay on track when it comes to your moving duties and tasks.
Using the internet and modern technologies can help you inspect your new city/neighborhood, find out where some important venues are, contact real estate agents and moving companies and obtain moving quotes. In order to get an accurate moving quote, you should opt for an in-home estimate and have a moving company’s representative assess your belongings in person. But, in order to make the most of your time, you can choose more time-saving option – video estimate. Getting an estimate via video chat is a quick and efficient way to get a precise moving estimate without spending too much time. Set a video appointment with the moving company and get an estimate in no time. You can always pay them a visit just to make sure they are legitimate and trustworthy moving company. Dealing with a fraudulent moving company is probably the worst thing that could happen during the household move.
– Get quality packing supplies and proper moving equipment. Packing is probably the most time-consuming task, so make sure you are doing it right. Starting on time is the very first step. Since you are not supposed to move everything you own, you should get rid of old, broken and unwanted items. Remember – the more items you have, the more time you will need to pack and move them. Also, take extra care while packing fragile and valuable items. If not sure how to pack them contact professionals – it’s much safer.
– Pack an essentials kit containing the items you may need during the next couple of days and keep it handy all the time.
– Label your boxes properly and make sure each of them ends up in the right room by making a floor plan. Draw a floor plan and mark each room properly so that your movers and helpers know where each item belongs.
– If your new home needs some repair works, make sure they are completed before the moving day. Otherwise, the moving process might get complicated if you have to book a temporary accommodation for you and your family and storage facility for your belongings. You don’t want to lose valuable time cleaning your new property instead of unpacking your moving boxes and arranging the items.
– Ensure your peace of mind by hiring reputable moving company. Experienced movers will perform a safe and quick move, while you are taking care of other important moving-related questions.
– Have your kids entertained and taken care of somewhere else. Ask your friend or neighbor to look after your kids and pets, while movers are doing their job.
– Prepare all relevant documents – personal documents, moving-related documents, receipts, insurance, medical and school records,…