Business relocation may seem like a complicated task, but if it is done right and with proper assistance it can be stress-free. Every moving process needs to be handled in a particular way. There is no one simple manual applicable to every sort of move. Each move itself is a unique process and experience. One mover cannot really handle all moving requests and requirements, so you should choose a NYC moving company specializing in a certain field that suits your needs.
One of the specific types of moving is certainly moving sensitive office equipment. Electronic equipment needs to be managed carefully and make sure to entrust them to the professional movers. Let their expertise and competence lead you throughout the moving process. They will pack, load, unload and install all your electronic equipment so that you can get back to fulfilling your business duties and responsibilities as soon as possible.
How to move IT equipment
Whether you are moving nearby or to a different country your sensitive equipment needs to be handled professionally. It is up to you to be informed about the preparation process and find suitable IT equipment movers who will assist you during your big move.
The following checklist can be helpful when organizing similar moves.
– Inform your employees about the move. If there are some deadlines or special conditions, let them know about everything that somehow affects them. Also, notify all third-party services, your vendor, partners and clients.
-Plan your move ahead and let your employees participate in the preparation process. Distribute the list of duties to each employee so that everyone can contribute to the success of the move. Don’t wait until the moving day to do what had to be done much earlier. Moving IT equipment is a time-consuming and exhausting process, so make sure you are ready to manage it.
– Find qualified IT equipment movers and make sure your items reach new location in one piece. Research several moving companies and get quotes from them. In order to get more accurate moving estimate, let your possible movers take a look at the equipment personally. It is not recommended to go for the lowest quote. You are moving delicate equipment so you will need to reduce downtime and protect the whole system. A reputable moving company will disconnect the items, pack them properly, load, move and unload them and even reassemble the equipment. If you don’t know where to begin when researching professional IT equipment movers, those with positive reviews could be a good start. Check their background online by reading about other people’s moving experiences.
– Copy all important files and information in case some devices get damaged during the transport.
– If you are purchasing some new equipment, make sure it reaches the new location on time, so that you can enable the server room.
– If your new place requires repair works or deep cleaning, make sure it is done before the equipment is delivered.
– Save manuals or take photos of all installations and cabling before you uninstall the items. You will need them when you start installing the equipment at your new office. Also, make sure to label each item so that your movers know where to put and install them. If you provide right directions, the equipment can be easily identified and managed and won’t be misplaced.
– Always have a backup plan. If some of the items don’t work right, get proper technical assistance to fix it or have spare items on hand before you replace them with new ones.
– Purchase proper insurance and ensure coverage in case some of the items get damaged during the transport.
– When performing an interstate move, your moving specialist should be able to offer a storage service. In case of some unpredictable events or delays, your IT equipment should be safely stored in a monitored facility.